Re: [ov-10fans] Re: OBA Member A to D Time-Line With 133395

  • John Greenewald
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2013
      I retired from a major contractor.  The reason you see this is a contractor, such as Boeing is designated the Prime Contractor in a program, an because of the large contracts, they are required to sub  contract out 20% of the work, by the government, and inject commerce to local small businesses, as well as provide full benefits, equal opportunity, etc.  The government gives these contracts like this because the government wants  the wealth shared within communities, and that the big companies inject work and business to surrounding small businesses, like small job shops, or in some cases sub to large contractor for major components.  It even brings business to places like lunch places near plants, outside construction companies doing work to built plants, etc. etc.