FAC Timeline

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013
      Hi folks,

      We are in the process of redoing many of our displays and our FAC history display is one of those areas. I have been scratching my head about some of it until I met with Al Matheson the other day and an idea came to me. We tell the history of Forward Air Control starting in 1794 in France from a ballon to the UAV's of today. We talk about balloons, man-lifters, scout and observation planes, L-4 and 5's O-1's, O-2's, OV-10's, F/A-18's and A-10's. It is an impressive timeline but doesn't show a lot of detail or lineage of squadrons or services. Al related some of the history of the Ravens that I hadn't known before and that is where the idea I have came from.

      I would like to build a comprehensive timeline of Forward Air Control by service, type airplane, ground operations, etc.

      So, if you have knowledge of the lineage of any of the squadrons you served with or know of, please pass it along. If we can build a comprehensive timeline, I think it will be a great visuals aid to show how the development of not only the role of Forward Air control developed, but also how aviation and communications evolved.

      Send me what yo have. I plan to do this as a spread sheet initially, but we will see how that works.

      Thanks,

      Jim