Fwd: VMAP Monthly Newsletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2013

      Hi folks,

           The latest edition of the Veterans Memorial Air Park newsletter, is available at: Veterans Memorial Air Park website.

         For February we are continuing our campaign to acquire Amon Carter Sr.'s Travel Air 5000 that started airline passenger service to North Texas in 1926.  Please read the newsletter for details.

         We also want to remind you that each month the B-36 Peacemaker Museum and the Lone Star Aero Club host aviation lectures and presentations on a variety of topics.  Look below the NEWSLETTER & NOTICES tab to find a link to these organization's sites for full lecture information.

         February's B-36 presentation will be on Air Force Plant #4, now the Lockheed Martin facility and the aircraft built there and the Lone Star Aero Club presentation will be on the birth of the modern airliner.

         Keep in touch as we grow and explore the history of aviation in North Texas and "Bring Aviation History to Life."

      Best regards,

      Jim Hodgson
      Executive Director

      PS  If you wish to unsubscribe from future announcements, reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

      **  The Veterans Memorial Air Park is a 501(c)3 not for profit corporations feature a collection of 21 warbirds, the B-36 Peacemaker, the OV-10 Bronco and Forward Air Controller's museums.  We are dedicated to the preservation of aviation history in North Texas and other areas and inspiring the youth of our community to careers in aviation and aerospace.