OV-10 Cockpit Pictured Needed

  • Jim's Gmail
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 7, 2011
      All,

      Anybody have a OV cockpit picture that clearly shows the safety wire on the external stores jettison button? If so, please pass along.

      Thanks,

      Jim
    • CHARLES E BURIN
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 7, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 808 KB

      Here is a photo showing the wires.

      IGOR

      Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2011
        That should do it.

        On Dec 7, 2011, at 10:00 AM, CHARLES E BURIN wrote:

        Here is a photo showing the wires.

        IGOR

        Anybody have a OV cockpit picture that clearly shows the safety wire on the external stores jettison button? If so, please pass along.

        Thanks,

        Jim

      • BenjieRaymond
        Message 4 of 9 , Dec 7, 2011

          Just to let those that are wondering, this was a very light grade copper wire that was there just to make sure that the pilot really wanted to jettison the stores.  It was easy to reach up for the weapons panels when in the moment and focused elsewhere to pickle it all.

          Benjie

          Anybody have a OV cockpit picture that clearly shows the safety wire on the external stores jettison button? If so, please pass along.

          Thanks,

          Jim

        • Ed Gosselin
          Message 5 of 9 , Dec 7, 2011

            MS20995CY20  0.020" dis cadmium plated copper Shear Wire.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 6 of 9 , Dec 7, 2011
              Really appreciate all the participation on this.  The reason behind this is a project at aerosoft.com.  There is a group there doing a build of the OV-10.  They are starting with the OV-10B because some of their group are working with Tony DeBruyn, one of our members.  There work is exceptional and the only thing I could not find was the safety wire on the external stores jettison button.

              Take a look at some of their work.  You may have to join to interact but they are doing a great job.  I watched the start sequence the other night and was almost transformed.  Amazing.

              Regards,

              Jim

              On Dec 7, 2011, at 9:20 PM, Tom Constantine wrote:

              It was called shear wire. Emergency door jettison on Hueys and emergency pd jettison on O1-C’s were shear wired.
              The cable cut on the Hueys as well.

              Message 7 of 9 , Dec 8, 2011
                Wow, that is amazing! So detailed and realistic. That would be neat to fly #155444 again some day!

                I wasn't at VMO-1 for all that long, but I never remember white "ER" call letters on the tail. They were always black, even when the tops of the wings were white, and the nose numbers were white. Like this:

                Later, the tops of the wings were green and the nose numbers black. Since this model has green wing tops, maybe the nose numbers should be black, too? I don't know about that, but the "ER" for sure, I'd think.

                I've got a picture in my album of #155444 over the Grand Canyon:

                --Michael

                Message 8 of 9 , Dec 8, 2011
                  "ER" letters: I guess some could have been white, or this particular one. Maybe they were transitioning from white letters to black when I got there in 1978. I just remember them mostly being black.

                  --Michael

                  Message 9 of 9 , Dec 8, 2011
                    Folks,

                            I will be moving on to some additional programs that will require more strict security measures. I will not be able to receive any additional correspondence at this email address after 12 Dec 2011. Please use Eknoff@... in it's place

                    Edward R. Knoff
                    Manager,
                    Training Support and Services
                    Chinook Rotorcraft Training
                    The Boeing Company
                    610-591-5325,  Wilmington, DE
                    610-304-8791, Cellular

                    NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
                    information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you
                    have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy,
                    retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please
                    indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and
                    delete the copy you received. Thank you.