Saturday 17 Oct, 2011 at VMAP

  • chipsv6specialties
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2011
      Saturday 17 Oct, 2011 at VMAP

      I know it has quite a while since I last sent out any blogs about what has been happening at the airpark so here goes.

      The CAP kids have spent several days over the last few weeks washing aircraft (T-37, F-5, A-4, and A-7) as well as sanding and skin repair on the A-7. Glen Hill constructed the sub frame for the port inboard slat assembly on the A-7, with Henry and Jim Wattenberg applying the skin. Looks really nice; work continues on the prep toward applying a base coat of gull gray and white before the rainy season hits us.

      Some work has progressed on the F-105, mostly panel work at this time.
      There was a group of folks out this weekend working on the Marine OV-10 replacing screws, sanding and generally getting it prepped for paint early next year.

      More has happened at the museum than I know, I do get phone messages stating what happened, but I often do not transmit all of the information due to lack of transcription time.

      I created binders and the big board in the shop to document what has occurred, unfortunately very little information is being logged. We need to change this, I expect the project leads to handle this admin item. Additionally, feel free to use this forum to relay what happened on any given day at the museum, this is a legitimate form of work documentation. I don't want to be the village crier for every little thing that happens; it's too much for me to manage alone, lend a hand on this please.

      One final item, shop upkeep and cleanliness. We now have crews working on aircraft regularly during the week, please pick up after your selves. Air hoses go back into the ZEP parts washer bin, electrical extension cords go back up on the peg board wall; tools go up on the peg board wall or in the tool chests that Buster donated. Cleco's, drill bits, hand tools, sand paper, etc. go back in the storage cabinets. Yard equipment such as weed eaters, lawn mowers, etc., need to be stored in the gray barn. We need to look and act professional; we do get un-announced visitors from time to time.

      This is my honey do weekend so I will not see you again until the 24Th of October weekend.

      Chip