Bronco Association Programs for Cub Scouts at Denton Day Camp

  • Jim's Gmail
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      Hi folks,

      We have a very busy summer schedule ahead of us and need help.  We have set summer hours for the museum and will be showing movies every Wednesday and Saturday.  In addition, the Fort Worth Air & Space Museum has opened its long awaited exhibition at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.  they need guides and we have offered to help when and where we can, but that stretches our docent resources.  Anyone can be a guide, the training is just over an hour.  In addition, as you can see from the message below, we are also assisting when and where we can with youth day camp activities as part of the North Texas Aviation Centennial summer program.

      If you are in the Dallas Fort Worth area an can spare some time this summer, we could use the help.  this efforts are all part of our community outreach programs to inspire kids and build awareness of the rich aviation history here in Texas.  It also gives us an opportunity to introduce people to our museum and encourage them to visit and learn more about forward air control.  Believe ti or not, the vast majority of people have no knowledge of close air support or forward air control.

      So, if you can jump in, even if for only one day this summer, please let me know.  We are making good inroads to the community, but we can't do it alone.

      Thanks,

      Jim Hodgson
      President
      OV-10 Bronco Association
      Forward Air Controller's Museum
      Veterans Memorial Air Park

      817-291-6101

      Hi to All,

      We’re looking for at least two volunteers to help at Cub Scout Day Camp on Thursday, June 9, at Hills and Hollows Scout Camp near Denton .  The session will run for about an hour and will start at 1:50 PM.  (You’d need to be there no later than 1:15.)  The boys range in ages from 5 to 11.

      You would not have to “invent” anything:  we have all the materials you’ll need.  You would be guiding the boys in making paper airplanes and officiating in a paper airplane race.  You would discuss the history of flight—in very simple and brief terms.

      Wes Cloud is our P.O.C with Scouts and he wants to print a little blurb about the museum – logo, location, and summer hours on the back of the paper for the paper airplane contest, so when the kids take their airplane home to Mom & Dad, the info about our museum will be there.

      This is a great opportunity for us to develop ties with Boy Scouts of America in our general area.  A big thanks to Wes for this opportunity!

      Thanks for all you do,

      Donna

      817-291-2291