Question about color of navigation lights on top and bottom of wings

  • jwhangen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
      Hello,
      I'm building a model of an OV-10A Bronco, and despite having quite a few reference photos of Broncos, I cannot figure out exactly what color the rectangular navigation lights on the wing tops and bottoms should be. Here is a diagram with red arrows pointing to the lights that I'm asking about:

      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/jwhangen/broncolights.jpg

      Just hoping someone can give me some tips/info, thank you in advance!

      John
    • wclayman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
        Not a navigation light...its a formation alignment light and basically a soft cream color at the distance
        it would be viewed as a model. http://www.scaleaero.com/scaleaero/state_ov-10d_left_wing_bottom.jpg
        They are on booms, top and bottom of wing. Basically a square alignment tool in flight.

        Ed

      • ed.boggs@duncanaviation.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010

          You beat me too it, it is definitely a formation light and it is a dull white color on all four.

          Thanks,

          Ed Boggs
          Challenger Team Leader
          (BTL)
          Duncan Aviation
          269.565.3520 (Direct)
          269.317.6798 (cell)
          269.969.8459 (fax)

          From:"wclayman" <wmclayman@...>
          To:<ov-10fans@yahoogroups.com>
          Date:04/01/2010 02:07 PM
          Sent by:ov-10fans@yahoogroups.com

          Not a navigation light...its a formation alignment light and basically a soft cream color at the distance
          it would be viewed as a model.
          http://www.scaleaero.com/scaleaero/state_ov-10d_left_wing_bottom.jpg
          They are on booms, top and bottom of wing. Basically a square alignment tool in flight.

          Ed

          I'm building a model of an OV-10A Bronco, and despite having quite a few reference photos of Broncos, I cannot figure out exactly what color the rectangular navigation lights on the wing tops and bottoms should be. Here is a diagram with red arrows pointing to the lights that I'm asking about:

          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/jwhangen/broncolights.jpg

          Just hoping someone can give me some tips/info, thank you in advance!

          John

          Checked by AVG -
          www.avg.com