Bill Sleigh

  • txavi8or@tx.rr.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2007
      Hi folks,

      I was saddened to hear the news of Bill Sleigh from Lendy Edwards. Many of you may not know this, but Bill had a significant part in the early formation of the OV-10 Bronco Association.

      In 1998, a handfull of us travelled to Pensacola for Pop-A-Smoke reunion to introduce the world to the newly formed OV-10 Bronco Associaiton. At that time we had contacted many Marines, but had yet to find the Air Force Bronco dirvers. We had been introduced to a couple of RUSTICS, (we didn't really know what that was, Air Force stuff), but we were glad to have a contact. One of those RUSTIC people said they would meet us in Pensacola. Little did we know he was on amission to find out who we were and what we were up to. If we passed inspection, the RUSTICS would help us establish our associaiton and introduce us to their group.

      Well, we are still here and that is due in large part to that meeting with Bill. Igor, Ron fix and myself made Bill feel at home and dragged him around all weekend with us. In fact, we have a picture of Bill, Ron, Igor, myself and Trader John in our office to commemerate that weekend and true begining of the OV-10 Bronco Association.

      Since that time I have met and communicated with Bill often and have been honored to call him friend. We will miss him and we add our condolences to Nancy and the Sleigh family.

      Bill is OBA member 12 and always will be. His name will be placed our members memorial at the museum.

      God speed Bill, keep an eye on us and make sure we keep the blue side up.

      Regards,

      Jim Hodgson
    • RusticYankee72@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2007
        Jim,
            I'm sure I speak for all the Rustics when I say thank you for the sincere gratitude reflected upon our brother, Bill Sleigh. He was indeed a fine example of the special bond between Bronco brothers. He will be missed. Rest assured...........he's got our six.

        Rog Hamann
        Rustic Yankee
        OV- 10 GIB
        Ubon '71-'72