A Society in Which No Tear Is Shed Is Inconceivably Mediocre

  • Telstar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2009
      Angela Zimmerman reviews of the Yonlu cd:

      "You know the sort of album that, after you’re done listening to it,
      be it the first time or the 20th, it leaves you with a peaceful, yet
      strangely unsettled feeling? Well, A Society in Which No Tear Is Shed
      Is Inconceivably Mediocre by Brazilian musician Yonlu is exactly that
      sort of album. The sum arguably greater than its parts—ingest in one
      sitting for the highest impact—it induces an all-over sense of
      intrigue and enigma. And the fact that there is a back-story
      surrounding this artist lends credence to this cryptic notion, yet the
      album without a doubt stands on its own as well. For the sake of
      really understanding what a valuable, expressive piece of art this is,
      allow me to tell you what I know about Yonlu."

      http://tinyurl.com/Yonlu-cd

      Al