Judson Fountain returns

  • Irwin Chusid
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2008
    • James Allenspach
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2008
        Irwin Chusid wrote:

        > http://innova.mu/artist1.asp?skuID=348

        I got my copies of this new Judson CD in the mail today, and when I
        showed them to my wife she said, "Why can't you ever buy any GOOD music?"

        jma
      • Irwin Chusid
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2008
          on 12/27/08 4:38 PM, jima@... wrote:

          > I got my copies of this new Judson CD in the mail today, and when
          > I showed them to my wife she said, "Why can't you ever buy any
          > GOOD music?"

          Ironically, the first pressing of this CD contained a "bonus track." We
          submitted (via ftp) eight sequenced tracks. The finished disc had nine.
          Track #6 was a four-minute free jazz instrumental by an unidentified
          trumpet-bass-drums combo. No one at Innova had any idea how it ended up in
          the Judson audio files, and no one at the label recognized it. The discs had
          to be re-manufactured.

          The "bonus track" discs are, I suppose, collector's items, and while the
          instrumental provided a curious interlude, I don't think James' wife would
          have considered it "good music." It was pretty raw.

          We're working with Otis Fodder to get the Judson website together. Slow
          going, but progress:

          http://www.judsonfountain.com/

          .