Song-Poems in Chicago

  • kglancy2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2008
      I've been asked to spread the word ...

      SONG-POEMS WANTED – THE MUSICAL

      Original Music by Arthur Kaufman
      Original Lyrics by Helen Bates & Larry Carpenter
      Book by Larry Carpenter

      Theatre Building Chicago
      ONE NIGHT ONLY
      Tues., Feb. 19th, 7 pm
      1225 W. Belmont
      Chicago, IL
      Admission is FREE to the first 100 who
      RSVP: songpoems@...

      What the $#*% is a Song-Poem?
      Promoted through ads with headlines reading
      "Send in Your Poems - Make Millions – Be Famous,"
      Song-Poems are the vanity publishing side of the music
      recording industry. People who send in their poetry
      receive notice that their work is worthy of recording – in
      exchange for the poet sending in a fee. They send the
      money – hoping! In producing the songs, musicians
      record dozens of songs per recording session, most in
      one take.
      SONG-POEMS WANTED! THE MUSICAL, features
      dozens of actual song poems (such as Blind Man's Penis
      and Aliens Stole My Dog) and it tells the stories of a
      song-poem composer and the everyday people who
      submit their poetry for "consideration." Be one of the
      first to see this exciting show!

      Hope to see you there ...

      Karen
    • kglancy2002
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2008
        RSVP email address is: songpoems at kitcarp dot com

        --- In outsidermusic@yahoogroups.com, "kglancy2002" <kglancy@...>