Irish Outsider Music

  • Greg Gilmore
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
      Does anyone have suggestions for sources or performers of Irish Outsider
      music that would be appropriate for St. Patty's Day?

      Thanks

      gilmorega@...

      simple tips.
      http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
    • Ed 'On 45'
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2007
        Strange that people should mention this, I'm from Ireland, living in Dublin and there are a few outsider musicians here, not many that would fit a St Patricks Day Theme, the main two irish musicians i would consider outsider are 'Aidan Walsh' or as he usually goes by 'Aidan Walsh Master of The Universe', does very strange stuff like Tiny Tim on crack! There was even a movie made about his life. Good guy but very odd indeed, alot of people fell out with him years ago in ireland cause he was doing this pay to play thing for younge rbands putting on gigs but yeah check him out.

        Other than that I think Richie Kavanagh could be considered outsider.

        But if ya want something for Paddys day thats full of booze and luaghter ya can't go wrong with Ding Dong Denny O Reilly, seriously check him at out http://indigo.ie/~lwp/dingdong/ not exactly outsider as it's more a comedian doing a hardcore republican drunken stereotype but its good im sure of that!!

        Ed 'On 45'

        Greg Gilmore <gilmorega@...> wrote: Does anyone have suggestions for sources or performers of Irish Outsider
        music that would be appropriate for St. Patty's Day?

        Thanks

        gilmorega@...

        simple tips.
        http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline

        www.myspace.com/thedevilon45

      • litlgrey
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2007
          Yesterday for the first time I heard a commercial which referred to the "St. Patrick's Day SEASON."

          Does it NEVER stop with these merchandising bastards?