Outsider Electronic Music

  • Richard Whitelaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
      Dear List

      Someone sent me this link today, thought it belonged on the outsider list...

      Back in 1983 or so Atari released a promotional flexi-disc with a 3 min
      track. "Mindscape"

      "a bizarre universe where fantasy and nightmare challenge your sanity"

      indeed...

      http://vividpicture.com/aleks/atari/mindscape.html

      Think of Joe Meek, Karlheinz Stockhausen and Judson Fountain as extras in
      Plan 9 from Outer Space and you're nowhere near.

      Enjoy

      Richard
    • Neil Coletta
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
        This is great! I don't remember Atari sounding much like that,
        unfortunately.

        >From: Richard Whitelaw <richard@...>
        >To: <outsidermusic@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [outsidermusic] Outsider Electronic Music
        >Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:37:53 +0000
        >
        >Dear List
        >
        >Someone sent me this link today, thought it belonged on the outsider
        >list...
        >
        >Back in 1983 or so Atari released a promotional flexi-disc with a 3 min
        >track. "Mindscape"
        >
        >"a bizarre universe where fantasy and nightmare challenge your sanity"
        >
        >indeed...
        >
        >http://vividpicture.com/aleks/atari/mindscape.html
        >
        >Think of Joe Meek, Karlheinz Stockhausen and Judson Fountain as extras in
        >Plan 9 from Outer Space and you're nowhere near.
        >
        >Enjoy
        >
        >Richard

        Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
        route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001
      • davidminuk
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
          I have that one, how could I resist?

          David

          --- In outsidermusic@yahoogroups.com, Richard Whitelaw <richard@...>
          wrote:

          > Dear List
          >
          > Someone sent me this link today, thought it belonged on the outsider
          list...

          > Back in 1983 or so Atari released a promotional flexi-disc with a 3 min
          > track. "Mindscape"
          >
          > "a bizarre universe where fantasy and nightmare challenge your sanity"
          >
          > indeed...
          >
          > http://vividpicture.com/aleks/atari/mindscape.html
          >
          > Think of Joe Meek, Karlheinz Stockhausen and Judson Fountain as
          extras in
          > Plan 9 from Outer Space and you're nowhere near.
          >
          > Enjoy
          >
          > Richard

        • crymad
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
            Neat-o. It should be mentioned that this record was not a
            promotional item from Atari, but rather from a 3rd-party
            developer called Data Age that made games for the 2600. An
            ad for this record can be seen here:

            http://www.tomheroes.com/Video%20Games%20FS/game%20ads/data.htm

            --crymad