You Could Be Rich - One man's adventure in the song-poem trade

  • Telstar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006
      An article about Ramsey Kearney, the man behind the song-poem outfit Nashco
      Music Service:

      "The antithesis of focus-group, play list-scrubbed music, song-poems land
      down a magic industry rabbit hole where anything-anything-gets written and
      recorded. Heartland wordsmiths send him lyrics, or song-poems, and for a fee
      Kearney puts their words to music and cuts a demo. "I've had some lulus," he
      says.

      Kearney would know. He co-wrote and sang the lulu of them all, John Trubee's
      song-poem "Blind Man's Penis."

      "It's my worst song I ever have co-written," Kearney says, "and it's got
      more attention than some of my great songs." "

      http://tinyurl.com/gm6q3

      or

      http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/Cover_Story/2006/06/29/You_Could_Be_Ri
      ch/index.shtml