Re: [outsidermusic] Nihilist Spasm Band

  • Colin Frangos
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005
      Back in maybe '94 or '95, these guys took a train down to the Empty
      Bottle in Chicago to play a show. A friend of mine loaned the "bass"
      player an amp (a 250 watt Traynor, much too big for a small club like
      the Bottle). My friend (Ken) loaded it in for him, and the bass player
      examined the excessive number of knobs studiously. Then, he took his
      hand and ran it across all of the knobs and spun them all around to 10.

      They played for several hours, and refused to stop. Eventually, after
      the club was empty, the owner told them that the power was going to be
      turned off because it was 4 am and time for everyone to go home. My
      friend offered to let them stay at his house, and suddenly they were
      more than happy to pack up and call it a night. Turns out that their
      plan had been to play straight through until 6 am, at which time they
      could catch a train back to Canada, thus avoiding a hotel bill.

      Interesting characters.