Wilson Rainway

  • John Davison
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Wilson Rainway is a fictional character who writes poetry and makes music in
      the Dallas, Texas area.

      Rainway is too contrived to qualify as considered "outsider" music -- I'd
      classify the act as "fake outsider" -- but I'm mentioning him here because
      there's some genuinely funny Rainway material that may resonate with those
      who enjoy outsider art.

      A friend of mine found "Wilson Rainway" while searching through "The
      Mountain," an electic collection of approximately 865 links to entertaining
      web pages. The Mountain doesn't get updated very frequently, so many links
      are stale, but it's an entertaining enough site on its own that I recommend
      visting it regardless of how you feel about Wilson Rainway. (There is no
      affiliation among "The Mountain," Wilson Rainway, or myself.)

      Links:

      The World of Wilson Rainway: http://www.angelfire.com/ri/rainway/
      Wilson Rainway's page on ACIDplanet:
      http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=223702
      The Mountain: http://www.thewvsr.com/mountain.htm

      I also have a few Wilson Rainway links sitting here temporarily:
      http://www.johndavison.com:8008
    • Daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2005
        I'm not sure if this guy was posted before but I just recently found
        him. He has some pretty bizarre stories about being humiliated at a
        party thrown by Prince.

        http://www.angelfire.com/ri/rainway/