RE: [outsidermusic] Outsider and Incorrect Music Video shows

  • Tom Golz
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 23, 2002
      Glad to hear you will be coming to Chicago. Looks like you've picked the
      right group to host your show, also. Looking forward to see the show.

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 26, 2002
        here is the rest of the lineup for this fall's intuitive music series at intuit: the center for intuitive and outsider art, 756 n. milwaukee avenue, chicago:

        thurs. oct. 10 -- outsider music videos presented by irwin chusid

        sat. oct. 12 -- thoth w/ tampico

        sat. oct. 19 -- eugene chadbourne

        sat. nov. 2 -- trachtenburg family slideshow players w/ b.j. snowden

        fri. nov. 8 & sat. nov. 9 -- legendary stardust cowboy w/ gary mullis

        sat. nov. 23 -- daniel johnston w/ twang bang

        contact intuit at intuit@... for more information.
        Glad to hear you will be coming to Chicago. Looks like you've picked the
        right group to host your show, also. Looking forward to see the show.

        Chicago (Oct. 10), New York (Nov. 1), and North Carolina (Nov. 22)

        THE LANGLEY SCHOOLS MUSIC PROJECT documentary
        Minneapolis (Sept. 23)

        INCORRECT MUSIC VIDEOS
        Minneapolis (Sept. 24)

        * * * *

        --

        SONGS IN THE KEY OF Z:
        THE CURIOUS UNIVERSE OF OUTSIDER MUSIC
        http://www.keyofz.com/

        --

        The Langley Schools Music Project
        http://keyofz.com/keyofz/langley/

        .

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • bobby allison
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 26, 2002
          im looking for some music from the following weirdos:

          Shooby Taylor
          Woodstock Al
          Tammy Faye Bakker
          Les Wilson
          Little Marcy

          and music from the following artists:

          Snakefinger
          Geza X

          Musically would like:

          EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC (nothing that sounds like sonic
          youth)
          CHILDRENS MUSIC
          ANIMAL MUSIC
          STRANGE FOREIGN MUSIC
          DISNEYLAND RIDE SOUNDTRACKS
          EXPERIMENTAL CLASSICAL
          WEIRD and HORRIBLE MUSIC
          AVANT GARDE
          OUTSIDER MUSIC
          STRANGE PUNK (no normal generic punk/hardcore)
          OLD COUNTRY/ROCKABILLY (anything but johnny cash,
          buddy holly, big bopper and elvis)
          OLD SURF ROCK (anything but dick dale, the ventures or
          beach boys)
          here is a list of my stuff:

          --Scrawny Scream- Happy Handshake Smiles (really weird
          music, sounds a lot like indian tribal chant stuff but
          with unpredictable
          keyboards and super strange lyrics)
          --Thai Elephant Orchestra- (elephants composing their
          own music....sounds a lot like buddhist temple music)
          --The Shaggs- Discography (all of Philosophy of the
          World, and some unheard, live, rare songs)
          --Legendary Stardust Cowboy- Retrorocket/Back to Earth

          --Legendary Stardust Cowboy- Live in Chicago and some
          singles
          --John Zorn- Songs from the Hermetic Theatre
          --John Zorn- Naked City
          --Masonna- Spectrum Ripper
          --Pain Teens- Stimulation Festival
          --The Residents- Commericial Album
          --The Residents- Eximo
          --The Residents- Petting Zoo
          --The Residents- The Third Reich n Roll
          --The Residents- Diskomo 2000
          --The Residents- Live in Tokyo 13th Anniversary
          --Mast And Transom- Demo (bakersfield band, kinda like
          Storm and Stress)
          --Deadfood- Weird Feelings (bungle type band)
          --Mr. Bungle- S/T
          --Mr. Bungle- Disco Volante
          --Mr. Bungle- California
          --Harry Partch- The Music of Harry Partch
          --Daniel Johnston- Yip Jump Music
          --Daniel Johnston- Fun
          --Shel Silverstein- Where the Sidewalk Ends
          --Animal Kwackers- Christmas Favorites (farm animals
          -singing christmas songs)
          --The Boredoms- Super Roots
          --The Boredoms- Super AR
          --Sonic Youth- Confussion is Sex
          --Sonic Youth- Screaming Fields of Sonic Love
          --Sonic Youth- Washing Machine
          --Sonic Youth- Dirty
          --Sonic Youth- Bad Moon Rising
          --Sonic Youth- Experimental Jet Set
          --Sonic Youth- Goodbye 20th Century
          --Teenage Jesus and the Jerks- Lydia Lunch's...
          --Quintron- These Hands of Mine
          --Kraftwerk- The Mix
          --Primus- Pork Soda
          --Disgusting Crazy and DJ Globb- (weirdo lofi noise
          hop, really cool)
          --Surf Punks- My Beach
          --Andrew Dutton- 3 Song Demo (really lofi outsider
          artist who recorded noisy blues in a bathroom)
          --Hanatarash- 4:Aids-a-Delic
          --Negativland- Points
          --Negativland- Free
          --Throbbing Gristle- DOA
          --Throbbing Gristle- 20 Jazz Funk Hits
          --Omoide Hatoba- Kinsei
          --Deerhoof- The Man, The King, The Girl
          --Langley School Music Project- Innosense and Despair
          --Captain Beefheart- Trout Mask Replica
          --Tom Waits- Black Rider
          --Yinkolli- Mem Kalzac
          --Yinkolli- Kalzakian Memmy
          --Tiny Tim- Live in Chicago
          --Authentic Music of the Native Indians (a bunch of
          chanting, monotone drums doin simple beats and a lot
          of weird screaming)
          --Radiohead- Kid A
          --Radiohead- Amnesiac
          --Uberkunst- Will of Niad (weird junky metal noiserock
          with scifi war theme)
          --Flossie and the Unicorns- LMNOP (ms. pussycat's
          puppet show project soundtrack with crazy electronic
          songs)
          --Makigami Koichi- Kuchinoha (cool vocal sounds)
          --Frank Zappa- Joes Garage Act 2 and 3
          --Komafuzz- Gop Per Dom (noise from so. cal)
          --Lucia Pamela- Into Outer Space with...
          --Wesley Willis Greatest Hits V.1

          EXPERIMENTAL/WEIRD VARIOUS ARTIST/COMPILATIONS:
          --OHM: Early Gurus of Electronic Music (3 disc)
          1939-1988 V/A- (clara rockmore, steve reich, john
          cage, oskar sala, raymond scott
          and a bunch of other really cool noise and
          experimental electronic classical from the 40s and
          60s)
          --Noisefest 2000 V/A- (yinkolli, uberkunst, delayed
          sleep, stimbox, etc...)

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • myeck waters
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 27, 2002
            From: "bobby allison"
            Subject: [outsidermusic] Tape/CDR Trades for outsider/weird music....

            > im looking for some music from the following weirdos:
            >
            > Shooby Taylor

            Objection #1: Separating "weirdos" from "artists" - and putting Shooby in
            with the weirdos!

            > and music from the following artists:
            >
            > Snakefinger

            Objection #2: Why go looking for a CDR trade when his stuff is available
            from Ralph records?

            Objection #3: An awful lot of the stuff you're offering in trade is also
            commercially available. I'm particularly annoyed by the inclusion of the
            Thai Elephant Orchestra - it's intended as a fund raiser for elephant
            conservation! I mean, c'mon!

            vaya con queso
            myeck waters
          • bobby allison
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 27, 2002
              hey man,

              calm down! im just trying to get a trade. i could
              careless what you think about my cd collection or what
              i consider artists and weirdos, trust me i know the
              difference......artists are normal, weirdos are weird.
              shooby taylor is definently weird sounding.
              snakefinger has too much of a rock sound to it, that
              hes just considered a normal artist, like nirvana.

              so anyways......
              !!!HAHAHA!!! worry about your own life. !!!HAHAHA!!!

              thanks, Myeck Waters for a good laugh.

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • myeck waters
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 27, 2002
                From: "bobby allison"
                > calm down! im just trying to get a trade.

                On a Yahoo newsgroup. During an RIAA witch hunt. All it would take is one
                message like yours, being seen by someone with, or sympathetic to, the RIAA,
                and events could lead to this newsgroup getting shut down.

                I realize that the RIAA doesn't give a damn about most of the artists you
                offered for trade, but you had enough almost-mainstream stuff in potentially
                raise an alarm.

                Good thing you didn't include a link to an FARC website or we could be in
                big trouble.

                >i could careless what you think about my cd collection

                <shrug> I made no comments about your collection. When did "careless"
                become a verb?

                > or what
                > i consider artists and weirdos, trust me i know the
                > difference......artists are normal, weirdos are weird.

                Thanks for clearing that up. What's "normal" anyway?

                > shooby taylor is definently weird sounding.
                > snakefinger has too much of a rock sound to it, that
                > hes just considered a normal artist, like nirvana.

                Funny, I used to own Snakefinger's "Chewing Hides The Sound" and it seemed
                MUCH MORE weird than anything Shooby recorded. I've considered buying it
                again, 'cos I have a soft spot for "Here Come The Bums".

                > so anyways......
                > !!!HAHAHA!!! worry about your own life. !!!HAHAHA!!!

                Nah. I have flunkies to do that for me. Thanks for caring though.
              • Barry Gilbert
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 27, 2002
                  Let's go guys. Take it outside. Don't come back in
                  until you learn to play nice.

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                • kaplantotalwar
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 5, 2005
                    Hi
                    I know the post is a bit old but i was wondering if you still trade
                    cdr.I may have some you look for:

                    AFRICAN HEAD CHARGE songs of praise (cd)
                    AGE OF ECHOES age of echoes (cdr)
                    ALTERNATIVE TV
                    & GENESIS P.ORRIDGE the industrial sessions 1977 (cd)
                    APRIL MARCH the résumé (cdr)
                    BASHUNG play blessures (cd)
                    CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND the dust blows forward (2cd)
                    trout mask replica (cd)
                    MAURIZIO BIANCHI triumph of the will (cdr)
                    BIZARRE INC I'm gonna get you (cds)
                    BLACK DOG music for adverts (& short films) (cd)
                    BRIAN B. nephology (cdr)
                    BULLET treatment-what more do you want (cdr)
                    BUTTHOLE SURFERS brown reason to live-live pcppep (cd)
                    CABARET VOLTAIRE the voice of america (cd)
                    plasticity (cd)
                    the living legends (cd)
                    time out of joint (cdr)
                    double vision presents (dvd)
                    ROLAND CASPER roland casper (2cd)
                    to the naked eye (cd)
                    CATWEASEL live at chillits 2003 (cdr)
                    ghetto taktics mix pt 1 & 2 (cdr)
                    CHRISTINA doll in the box (cd)
                    CHROME sampler volume II (cd)
                    CONSOLIDATED friendly fascism (cd)
                    MARTIN DENNY afro-desia (cd)
                    hypnotique (cd)
                    LIZZY MERCIER DESCLOUX mambo nassau (cdr)
                    MIKEY DREAD beyond world war III (cd)
                    ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN crocodiles (cd)
                    EDGEY edgey II (cdr)
                    ETHNOSYNTHESIS rfi musique (cdr)
                    FACTRIX artifact (2cd)
                    FALL dragnet (cd)
                    slates-a part of america therein 1981 (cd)
                    FLESHEATERS a minute to pray a second to die (cdr)
                    YOU'VE GOT FOETUS ON YOUR BREATH deaf (cd)
                    KIM FOWLEY animal god of the streets (cd)
                    FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON lifeforms (2cd)
                    LAURENT GARNIER laboratoire mix (2cdr)
                    GEZA X you goddamn kids (cdr)
                    HITOMI hitomi (cdr)
                    h (best album) (cd)
                    HORS SYSTEME.ORG hors systeme.org (cdr)
                    HÜSKER DÜ zen arcade (cd)
                    FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI
                    & AFRICA 70 no agreement (cd)
                    KRAFTWERK trans europe express (cdr)
                    metropolis (cdr)
                    the mix (cdr)
                    LAIBACH krst pod triglavom-a baptism (cd)
                    ljubljana-zagreb-beograd (cd)
                    JAMES LAUER james lauer (cdr)
                    KEITH LEBLANC stranger than fiction (cd)
                    MAURIZIO maurizio-remastered (cdr)
                    NEW AGE STEPPERS massive hits vol 1 (cd)
                    NON easy listening for the iron youth-the best of non (cd)
                    sick tour (cdr)
                    PHOTEK modus operandi (cd)
                    PHUNKY DATA fashion or not ? (cd)
                    LES MYSTERES DES VOIX BULGARES les mysteres des voix bulgares (cd)
                    PSYCHIC TV trip reset (cd)
                    al or al-thee transmutation ov mercury (cd)
                    ultrahouse-the twelve inch mixes (cd12")
                    peak hour (cd)
                    ov power (cd)
                    listen today...(cd)
                    tekno acid beat (cdr)
                    r.u experienced ? (cdr12")
                    MIKE RICHARDS the cloud factory mixes (cdr)
                    FRANCOIS DE ROUBAIX les secrets de la mer rouge (cdr)
                    DJ RUSH & MARCO VARELA live at the airport (cdr)
                    ROMANIA radu mamii (cd)
                    SABRES OF PARADISE haunted dancehall (cd)
                    SAVAGE REPUBLIC tragic figures (cd)
                    SCAN 7 resurfaced (cd)
                    LA SOURIS DEGLINGUEE 25 ans (cd+dvd)
                    SOURCE DIRECT controlled developements (cd)
                    SPECIALS stereo-typical A's,B's & rarities (3cd)
                    SPINWARP dance of the flaming swords (cdr)
                    SURGEON food for thought mix (cdr)
                    SUTCLIFFE JÜGEND death mask (cdr)
                    we spit on their graves (cd)
                    SYMPATHY NERVOUS therapeutic writing (cd)
                    T POWER waveform (cd)
                    TAXI GIRL seppuku (cd)
                    TERRAC terrac (cdr)
                    the cloud factory mixes (cdr)
                    TEST DEPT legacy (1990-1993 (cd)
                    THIRD EYE FOUNDATION you guys kill me (cd)
                    KING TUBBY whip them king tubby ! (cd)
                    THROBBING GRISTLE 20 jazz funk greats (cd)
                    dimensia in excelsis-live in L.A 1981 (cd)
                    TIMES et dieu créa la femme (cd)
                    UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE interstellar fugitives (cd)
                    UNDERTONES the undertones (cdr)
                    SVEN VÄTH live at the fuse (cdr)
                    space-esk (cdr)
                    VELVET UNDERGROUND peel slowly & see (5cd)
                    VENTURES walk don't run-the ventures (cd)
                    CHRISTIAN VOGEL no future mix (cdr)
                    JAMES WHITE & THE BLACKS off white (cd)
                    /JAMES CHANCE & THE CONTORTIONS white cannibals (cd)
                    WHITEHOUSE psychopathia sexualis (cdr)
                    twice is no enough-special edition (cd)
                    dedicated to peter kurten (cd)
                    las grabaciones mas violentas (cdr)
                    great white death-special edition (cd)
                    right to kill (cdr)
                    live actions 4-22-27-33 (cdr)
                    tokyo halogen (cdr)
                    YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA technodelic (cd)
                    solid state survivor (cdr)
                    VARIOUS ARTISTS :

                    American graffiti original soundtrack (2cd)
                    Acid in the house (cdr)
                    The Beat that refused to die vol 2 (cdr)
                    Boyd Rice brainwashed radio podcast (cdr)
                    Buffy the vampire slayer-once more with feeling (cd)
                    Chamber-a cold spring sampler (cd)
                    C86 Forum (cdr)
                    Chain reaction...compiled (cd)
                    Celtic moods (2cd)
                    Chill out mood vol 2 (cdr)
                    Chill out mood (cdr)
                    Cloud factory mixes (cdr)
                    Deep house memories (cdr)
                    Digital brain net idol (cdr)
                    Drum'n'bass assasin ! (cdr)
                    Drum'n'bass selection 2 (2cdr)
                    Eighties soundwave vol 1 (cdr)
                    Eighties soundwave vol 2 (cdr)
                    Entering quadrant-the tracks (cdr)
                    España antigua-popular spanish music 1200-1700 (cd)
                    Estelle Desanges-French kiss (cd)
                    Für ilse koch (cdr)
                    Hostile world (cdr)
                    Hostile world II (cdr)
                    House of fantasy 1 (cdr)
                    House of disco fever (cdr)
                    The high life vol 2 (cdr)
                    The high life vol 2 (pt 2) (cdr)
                    Martian dream (cdr)
                    Manele la maxim (cd)
                    Manele audio 1 (cdr)
                    Manele audio 2 (cdr)
                    Ministry of sound-the chill out session (cdr)
                    Modern girl (cdr)
                    More hippies in the house (cdr)
                    Music from Twin Peaks (cd)
                    New Beat trance mission-the first & last mission (cdr)
                    The Nighthawk show n°16 (cdr)
                    Pioneer hits season-springtime mix (cd)
                    Romanian folk music (cd)
                    Return to sender-Mad about saffron (cdr)
                    Singin' in the rain original soundtrack (cd)
                    Sondoo recordings-For your information (cd)
                    The Sound of music original soundtrack (cd)
                    Trésors Gospel (4cd)
                    Teenage drama-Country life (cdr)
                    Up the junction (cdr)
                    The Water wheel vol 1 (cdr)
                    The Water wheel vol 2 (cdr)

                    --- In outsidermusic@yahoogroups.com, bobby allison

                  • dina kelberman
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 2, 2005
                      i just emailed you . . .

                      actually, i have some shooby taylors stuff (just stuff
                      i got off the internet, you could also get it i guess)
                      and lots by negativland and daniel johnson and other
                      wierd stuff if you just wanna do a "here's a bunch of
                      wierd stuff" trade i would love it cause i need some
                      more thai elephant orchestra and don't know a lot of
                      the people you listed and would like to hear some
                      crazy shit. lemme know how you feel. about things.

                      love always,
                      dina

                      __________________________________
                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Simon Waldram
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 14, 2005
                        His real name is Jon, but he's known more infamously among my music
                        community as WashburnBeginner. I was going to write you guys a big essay
                        about him, but instead I'll just give a quick introduction and provide you
                        with the link to his page and urge you to listen to the three versions of
                        his song 'My First Date' You may like the third version best (entitled:
                        'Final version of My First Date (for now)'), but I prefer the incredible
                        primitivism of the first version - check out the way he drags out the "best
                        day of my life" line at the end!). A band called 'Halaka' and I have both
                        recently covered the song, which left WashburnBeginner a little baffled why
                        we'd do this, but I love it. I you think Jandek sounds unrefined, you ain't
                        heard nothing yet: http://washburnbeginner.dmusic.com

                        Simon