RE: Anyone out there?

  • Ken Gale
    Message 1 of 56 , Jul 31, 2009
      Speaking of M$ improvements. I just had to reformat my computer using
      Windows 7 Rc. Long story short I tried to reinstall XP because I was having
      problems but my slipsteamed XP Pro with SP3 disk was corrupted so here I was
      without a viable OS. Ah ah, download the release candidate windows 7! One 4
      hour download that was corrupted, second try one hour in and the power went
      out in the area. Third download success only took the better part of the
      day! Transfer to another computer that can burn a DVD, 45 minutes. Oh wait
      this machine can read but not right to DVD. Transfer to another computer
      (spare) that has a DVD burner plus install Roxio. Slow, the puter has 256GB
      of ram on XP OS. Burned the DVD and installed the OS. Works well, it had
      almost all the drivers I needed out of the box, but it's hard to find the
      stuff I need or want in the new system.

      Last note, I backed up everything from all users but just discovered that I
      forgot to back up my PST. Darn! I do have an older backup though.

      3 days in computer hell,
      Ken

      Message 56 of 56 , Aug 7, 2009
        I wouldn't hold my breath since M$ wants everything net based, or so it seems.