2011 Outlaws League World Series - Games 1 & 2

  • cachauns@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2011

    Game 1
    Kuroda vs. Hernandez

    In what was King Felix's worst start of the season, the Nine got to him and early,
    logging a 3 spot on the board in the top of the 1st quieting the capacity crowd at
    Emerald Nuts Park.

    Luckily Hernandez would gain his composure and hold the Nine while the Chauns
    offense could chip away at the lead, finally a 3-3 tie after 4 innings. In the 6th the
    Nine would get another to take the lead back, but that was the end for the Chauns
    Ace. After 6 IP, 10 Hits, 3 BB's, and 4 ER, ouch !

    Cal would bounce back in the bottom half putting 2 up to in their first lead of the
    game, and chased Kuroda who would not get a decision.

    It was 6-4 going into the 9th, when Nashville scratched out runs on both Valverde
    and Rivera to tie it up going into the bottom half. Gload walked to lead things off,
    and with Bonafacio running for him stole 2nd. Ryan Raburn then doubled off the
    top of the wall in Left-Center to give the Chauns the victory.

    Final -  Chauns 7, Nine 6

    Game 2
    Bumgarner vs. Billingsley

    Chad continued where he left off in the LCS, and stymied the Nine in the early
    frames, allowing the Chauns to get out to a 3-0 lead thru 4. In the top of the 5th
    Nashville manage 2 runs, and the Chauns pen was getting busy.

    Billingsley left after 5 and a third, letting up 2 runs while K'ing 10... His performance
    was enough though, as Uehara held the Nine to one baserunner the rest of the
    game as Cal took the 2-0 lead in the series.

    Final -  Chauns 6, Nine 2

    ** It was the Chauns 2 thru 5 hitters that did the damage, hitting .379 and slugging
    .862 with 6 XBH and 4 HR's...

    I've attached the scripts & boxes for both games, as well as the F-File for games
    3 to 5 at Nashville.  Just in case, my starters are:

    Gm 3 - Daniel Hudson
    Gm 4 - Felix Hernandez
    Gm 5 - Chad Billingsley

    Any questions let me know, good luck !