Status

    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 31, 2010
      We are currently in the 2nd Round.  Waiting on word back on games 3-5 in the
      Suncoast League.  Chicago Capones have advanced to the World Series, awaiting
      the winner of Antelope/San Diego.

      As for the turnover to a new commissioner, that has not begun.  Please let me
      know if you are interested.
    • eliyas@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 15, 2010
        Not sure if this league is dead but if it is I just want to say it has allways been a joy and  I will miss all of you guys espicially the group I got to meet at Elliots

      • cachauns@att.net
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 15, 2010
          I'm still in

          Chauns

          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 15, 2010
            The main problem is that we haven't had anyone step forward with a strong commitment to takeover.

            Not sure if this league is dead but if it is I just want to say it has allways been a joy and  I will miss all of you guys espicially the group I got to meet at Elliots

          • Robert S
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 15, 2010

              I'm also still in, although not able to be commish.
              Rob - Blacksox

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 15, 2010
                Hi Guys,

                I am still in.

                I will take over as the commissioner. I will need Brian's
                assistance to get things rolling. Here are a few things I
                believe I need:

                1) How to obtain the new season disk
                2) The timeline Brian used for the league
                3) How to setup the schedule
                4) League commissioner tricks and procedures of the trade
                (APBA software)
                5) Anything else Brian can think of
                6) An understanding from each team manager (possible rookie
                mistakes) :)

                Brian, it has been a pleasure having you as our commissioner.
                I my hope is I am able to provide the same level of leadership
                and guidance you provided for years.

                If you ever decide to join a league again, please give us a
                shout. I am sure we will all be glad to have you back.

                Regards,
                Elliot Sandle

              • eliyas@aol.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 15, 2010
                  Wow I accomolished my goal in half a day now I feel a lot better

                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 16, 2010
                    I will start providing information to Eliot this evening. I beleive that I will
                    be in position to provide some level of guidence to Eliot.

                    .

                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 16, 2010
                      That's great news.  Thanks Elliot for taking on this task.  I will be happy to assist you in any way I can.

                      And Brian, thanks again for all your years of putting up with us.  You did a great job.

                      Glad our league will move forward.  How many new owners should I be looking for?

                      Chicago?
                      ??

                      Daymon.
                      Kentucky.

                      To: outlaws_bb@yahoogroups.com
                      From: bslebeck@...
                      Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 02:02:54 -0800

                    • cachauns@att.net
                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 16, 2010
                        Yes Brian...  A big thanks for all you've done !!!

                        I'd be able to assist here and there (though I wish I was there :))

                        I know Lenny was thinking of coming back too, I'll email him and
                        let him know we have 1+? open team...

                        David

                        From: bslebeck@...
                        Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 02:02:54 -0800

                        I will start providing information to Eliot this evening. I beleive that I will
                        be in position to provide some level of guidence to Eliot.

                        .

                        I will take over as the commissioner. I will need Brian's
                        assistance to get things rolling. Here are a few things I
                        believe I need:

                        1) How to obtain the new season disk
                        2) The timeline Brian used for the league
                        3) How to setup the schedule
                        4) League commissioner tricks and procedures of the trade
                        (APBA software)
                        5) Anything else Brian can think of
                        6) An understanding from each team manager (possible rookie
                        mistakes) :)

                        Brian, it has been a pleasure having you as our commissioner.
                        I my hope is I am able to provide the same level of leadership
                        and guidance you provided for years.

                        If you ever decide to join a league again, please give us a
                        shout. I am sure we will all be glad to have you back.

                        Regards,
                        Elliot Sandle

                        > The main problem is that we haven't had anyone step
                        > forward with a strong commitment to takeover.

                      • William Hines
                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 16, 2010
                          Elliott,

                          Kudos for stepping in to be commissioner.  The league has worked so well in the past with Brian's leadership and the great group of guys we have.  I am sure we can help work through it.

                          btw - I am in.

                          William
                          Wenham

                          ymailto="mailto:cachauns%40att.net">cachauns@...>

                          target=_blank ymailto="mailto:eliyas%40aol.com">eliyas@...>

                        • edwinslifker@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 16, 2010
                            the orioles will be back if you all will have me .) go orioles

                          • cachauns@att.net
                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 16, 2010
                              Wouldn't be the same without you Ed !!

                              Message 14 of 24 , Dec 16, 2010
                                My schedule is getting better, I will still have to travel more the upcoming year for work.  I think I will be in Ed's neck of the woods sometime in January.

                                Any way.  If you are ok with it, I can manage the Oxen.  I was just worried I would not be able to put the appropriate time in, but I am pretty sure I can.  I still probably will not be able to make the draft another year,

                                So let me know if the league is still interested in letting me manage the Oxen.

                                Thanks,

                                Kim
                                Chesteron Oxen

                                Message 15 of 24 , Dec 17, 2010
                                  The league would not be the same without you Ed. Hope you stay
                                  with us.

                                  Regards,
                                  Elliot Sandle

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Dec 17, 2010
                                    Thank you Daymon.

                                    Regards,
                                    Elliot Sandle

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Dec 17, 2010
                                      William,

                                      I have some big shoes to fill. First Jerry, then Dave, and now Brian. All have been great commissioners. I hope to continue the legacy.

                                      Regards,
                                      Elliot Sandle

                                    • edwinslifker@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Dec 17, 2010
                                        im feeling too much love  YOU ALL GO TO HELL , I HATE PEOPLE,
                                        BUT THE ORIOLES WILL BE BACK IF YA WANT ME OR NOT GOT TO GO BUSY,
                                        God Bless
                                        ed

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Dec 17, 2010
                                          That's more like it.  Lol.

                                          Daymon.
                                          Kentucky.

                                          To: cachauns@...; sdragonus@...; esandle@...; bslebeck@...; outlaws_bb@yahoogroups.com

                                        • gerstp1@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Dec 17, 2010

                                            I am still in as well...need to enjoy my world series victory for a little while :).

                                            Elliott thanks for stepping up and i have confidence u will do great and we will all be understanding of the learning curve.

                                            Paul

                                          • cachauns@att.net
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Dec 17, 2010
                                              :))

                                              Gotta love Ed !!

                                            • bslebeck@yahoo.com
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Dec 17, 2010
                                                I'm thinking that Ed's the only one I'm actually going to miss. ;)

                                                From: "cachauns@..." <cachauns@...>
                                                Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:26:27 -0800 (PST)
                                                To: <edwinslifker@...>; <sdragonus@...>; <esandle@...>; Brian Lebeck<bslebeck@...>; Outlaws Baseball<outlaws_bb@yahoogroups.com>; Daymon Ward<Daymon1234@...>

                                                :))

                                                Gotta love Ed !!

                                              • Witl66@aol.com
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Dec 18, 2010
                                                  Elliot, you will do great, and thank you Brian for doing a great job.  Carmichael will be back also.

                                                  Thanks,

                                                  Hank
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Dec 20, 2010
                                                    The APBA season disk is ordered and it shipped today. I should
                                                    have the disk by 12/23. I hope to get this season disk out by
                                                    the start of next week.

                                                    As for draft dates. Let's start thinking about 2/26 or 3/5.
                                                    Put your votes in.

                                                    As for trading, we will wait for a week or two.

                                                    Do we have any proposals for rule changes?

                                                    The open teams need to be addressed. I have not had time to
                                                    look into this yet. If you know of anyone who is looking to
                                                    join send me there name. We are looking to fill a couple of
                                                    spots.

                                                    We are starting to roll. I will continue to send out updates
                                                    as things progress.

                                                    Regards,
                                                    Elliot Sandle