Rule Change Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      Here is a summary of the rule changes. I'll hammer
      out the wording a little better then create a new
      constitution. Not sure yet when I'll get to that.

      *****First the passing rules:

      1) Active rosters will be expanded to 28 for the
      entire season.

      3) All playoff series will be best of 7.

      4, 5 & 6) Starting pitchers (defined as g=gs) with a
      grade 10 or less only can be used in relief. Of these
      starters, prior to the beginning of the season,
      managers must indicate which of these picthers can be
      used in relief. The commissioner will have the stats
      modifed for these pitchers so that micromanagers will
      more likely be able to select these pitchers for
      releif. These pitchers will not be elibible to start.

      8 & 9) Starting pitchers will be limited in the games
      that they can start in a playoff series based on real
      life preformance. The following scale will be used:
      0-10 actual starts / 0 playoff starts; 11-16 actual
      starts / 1 playoff start; 17-24 actual starts / 2
      playoff starts; 25+ actual starts / 3 starts.

      12) 5 year averages will be used for ballpark effects.
      The 5 year averages that are in effect at the start
      of the 2 year stadium lease will be used for both
      years of the stadium lease.

      *****Here is a summary of the defeated rules stated in
      terms of what will not happen:

      2) Rosters will not be expanded to 42 and will remain
      at 40.

      7) Low grade relievers will not have their usage limit
      increased.

      10) There will be no specific rule concerning minimum
      levels of relief that a team must have.

      11) There is no change in the ability to trade draft
      picks.

      http://mail.yahoo.com