Draft Comments

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
      Overall I was pleased on many levels and frustrated on others today.

      For those that were not online today, we expierenced AIM issues.  In a technical sense, it was the worst AIM draft I've been involved with in 5 years or so, and our worst since the fiasco went we tried to use the group site chat a couple years back.  Several managers could not receive invites to the chat room and others dropped frequently.  We never did get everyone into the chat room.

      Mike E. was in mulitple drafts today and said it was the same type of tech issues for both drafts that he was in.  Oddly, last weekend, a few of use that are also in the OVCL used AIM for that draft and had a very smooth draft.

      Scott and I were both trying to run the draft feature in Advanced Draft.  Unfortunately, my machine started running into issues with AD when I ended round 1.  Not sure if it was maybe a memory issue due to too many chat screens or maybe even a Vista problem with the draft feature.  Either way, glad Scott could help that out.  The fact that Scott was one of the guys that couldn't get in the chat room made is a bit more challanging.  Especially when Daymon, who was relaying the info to Scott kept falling out of the chat room in the latter half of the draft.

      I was pleased with the way we worked together to relay messages and keep inviting guys back when they fell off.  Given that we had the technical issues which hurt our pace, I think that as a group we could have done better to keep the draft moving.  In the email that I sent out last week, I had asked if we could try to hold our pics to two minutes.  This was something that we didn't do very well.  Too many pics ran to 7-8 minutes per pick without an apparent cause.  This is something that we will want to address next year.  I wouldn't mind hearing further discussion on this, but I don't want to see it turn bad.  If someone wants to email me directly about it, thats fine.  If someone would like to address the league about it, thats fine too.  I just ask that comments are kept constructive.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
        Hello Guys, I will be the first to say my apologize for my draft performance. I know I was taking some time to make my selections in the later rounds. This was a rough draft for me. I just could not get into the groove. I chalk it up to a down cycle. We have had some great drafts and we were due for a average draft. Next year will be great! Brian, keep up the great job! Everyone let's have fun and enjoy!

        Cheers,
        Elliot