WOW! Game 7 Result

  • William Hines
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2008
      After a great played series, it came down to the last out again.  But it looked pretty lopsided for a while.

      In the bottom of the first - Miguel Cabrera hit (yes another) solo HR to put Wenham ahead 1-0
      Cabrera went yard again in the 3rd, this time a 2 run shot to increase the lead to 3-0
      A Kinsler solo HR in the 6th extended it to 4-0
      Jeremy Hermida singles in a run later in the frame and that was it for Beuhrle.
      But Miguel Batista was not much better, allowing another baserunner and then a 3 run HR to Molina.  Wenham up 8-0.

      It stayed that way until the bottom of the 9th when 2 Wenham error led to...

      2 runs scoring on a single
      3 more runs scoring on an HR by Snyder
      1 more run scoring on a Bonds HR
      and the tying run coming to the plate...

      But Wenham holds on to an 8-6 victory to claim the series 4 games to 3.

      A great set of games - and a worthy adversary.  Congratulations to Chicago on a fine season.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2008
        Great series William.  Thanks for the writeups!  You got a great lineup.  I'm surprised they didn't pummel me more.  Good luck in your series against the "other" league ;)