Rule Change Proposals - Reminder that polls are closing saturday/comments

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
      I will close the polls Saturday. So far still only 11 or 12 votes on each proposal.

      2 main proposals that both seem to be passing. Elimination of the off month in July, and the roster expansion in the final month.

      The 3rd proposal is on implementation of the roster expansion. One thing that I found interesting was that while roster expansion in the final month is passing, so far it seems that its only expanding from 28 to 30. I thought it rather odd that eventhough we seem to have a clear mandate to expand the roster (10-2 at this point), it is the smallest increase that is leading.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
        Yes, that is interesting that expanding roster sizes from 28-30 is leading. During the last month of the season there are usually two scenarios, either you are in a playoff race, so you will not usually bring up players from the farm to play, or you are out of the playoff race, and are looking to see how the young talent performs. Usually players 29-40 are not of elite, good, or above average, stature, if so they would be on the 28 man roster.

        Any guys this is just food for thought.

        Regards,
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008

          My rationale for roster expansion, was to get AB's for my players that wouldn't normally play.  My Pioneers were so dismally out of the playoff race by the final month last year, that I wanted to get Scott Moore, Ben Zobrist, and Adam Kennedy, a few AB's, but I didn't want to constrict my roster for 26 whole games in October, by adding those clowns to my active roster, and NOT being able to carry Todd Helton, Yuniesky Betancourt, and Dan Uggla.

          Of course, I can't speak for everyone, but I play the game for the realism of GM'ing and coaching a ballteam, not for the Wins and Losses, so I like everyone on my roster (regardless of how lousy they are), to get a little playing time.

          Expanding by 2 roster slots would certainly be helpful.

          Just my 2 cents.

          Daymon.