Welcome to the Republic of New Hampshire!

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2007

      Welcome to the Republic of New Hampshire!

        150

      We thus hereby request that the legislature of New Hampshire make the following resolution: That the State of New Hampshire is, and of right ought to be, a free and independent state; that she is absolved from all allegiance to the Federal Union, and that all political connection between us and the United States of America, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as a free and independent state, we have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do.

      - From the text of our Declaration of Independence, written by Caleb Johnson, inspired by Thomas Jefferson

      It is with a deep sense of regret, and a profound feeling of loss, that we must reluctantly recommend to the citizens of New Hampshire that our state declare its independence from the Federal Union. As concerned citizens, we do not take such a drastic recommendation lightly. This group has been created for the purpose of explaining the reasons which compel us to advise such a drastic step. It is hoped that you will consider the evidence in the same spirit of reflection with which it has been presented.

      You are Invited to join the revolution, Sign up today!

      The Republic of New Hampshire