Fw: Your Tax Dollars At Work

  • Pantherrr
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2005
      Your Tax Dollars At Work
      From the On Our Backs email newsletter (dyke zine):
      Did y'all hear that the Department of Justice and the FBI are both
      forming new departments to crackdown on porn websites? Attorney
      General Alberto Gonzales has said that his office will specifically
      target "bestiality, urination, defecation, as well as sadistic and
      masochistic behavior." The San Francisco Chronicle has a great article
      about this here: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?
      f=/c/a/2005/09/21/MNGRSER4141.DTL&hw=FBI+obscenity&sn=001&sc=1000.
      (Copy and paste url into your web browser if the hyperlink doesn't
      work.)

      Some websites, such as the dyke-focused kinkygurl.com, have
      temporarily shutdown, while others are practicing self-censorship. We
      are taking a closer look at what photos we put on our site, too. We'd
      love to share much more with you, believe us! Unlike some folks, we
      know what the word "consensual" means and honor the spirit it invokes.

      The National Coalition for Sexual Freedom and the Woodhull Freedom
      Foundation are fighting for us all. If you'd like to learn more about
      them, see their websites: http://www.ncsfreedom.org/ and http://www.
      woodhullfoundation.org/.