Hello to eveyone!

  • Mark Wainwright
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2007

      Hello!

      There hasn't been a lot of activity on this email list, so I just thought I'd send a note to say hello.

      I don't have any further information from my end - I don't know if the developer is working with a new architect (there isn't a new one listed on the DPD web site: http://web1.seattle.gov/DPD/permitstatus/Project.aspx?id=3004297&t=1 ), so I don't know if the proposed project design has changed at all.

      The people organizing the "big picketing protest" have gotten to work, but no major updates there. I would guess that we're looking at a date in May or June after the California Ave. road construction is completed at that intersection.

      The West Seattle Herald had an article last week about the Charlestown Cafe: http://www.westseattleherald.com/articles/2007/04/03/news/local_news/news01.txt . There are some interesting comments in the "comment" section after the article, some of which I'd sure love to address in an appropriate forum.

      There's plenty of attention being paid to this project, so we're definitely "on the radar" of many people throughout Seattle.

      And a big THANK YOU to all of you who are staying in touch with the situation and who have offered support and assistance. You help is invaluable.

      All for now,

      Mark