coming through?

  • Lexie Mountain
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2004
      hey guys
      this dude in IL has a list of bands that he books and they're all
      coming through Baltimore in the next month or so. if any of you can
      help put these people up with a show, some food, beer, coffee &
      breakfast, and a place to sleep with fresh sheets please go ahead and
      email the Red Room.
      xo

      Pork Denim's Master List:

      GOTH/INDUSTRIAL/NOISE:
      Equinox Lunch
      Eclipse of the Patient
      Nevermore
      Froth
      Eye Laugh
      Sadist Lesbian Sidecar
      Lummox
      Le Mold
      Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Nine Inch Nails (parody!)
      Necrotize
      Snuffbox
      Menstrual Mind Meld (highscool)
      Cleric
      Eye Laugh
      Tony Ghoul & Demonia
      Haint

      TECHNO/EXPERIMENTAL/GLICHE/HOUSE:
      "The Situation Where The Parody is Equally Believable
      to The Reality" (French)
      Porridge Mouth
      Elbows up your Ears
      Letterset
      Offsite Backup
      IV of VI
      The Urine Dagger Pelicans
      Rick Wilson's father
      156985421
      the last best friend
      Mindwarpers
      Hangdog
      Formalist
      Lil' Mike
      Chipawha
      The Forbes List
      5555556611
      Nard
      Quadgrass
      Baited Breath Foundation
      Acid Strap
      Ni Ni Ni Poo
      Feltcher

      WEIRD ROCK, WEIRD ROOTS-ROCK, POST-ROCK:
      The Dowels
      Ufuzu & various Korean Rock tour
      Letter Head
      Crankmaster
      Weedo
      Flatulent Prig
      Putty Mall
      Danzig-nabbit
      Paper Jam Penis
      The New Government of China
      Razortrout
      Cumquat
      Eeeeeffooooozzzzziementorpalasades
      Manflesh
      Grooveshroom
      Man-adze
      Los Hombres De La Rana
      Karma Jar
      Ipswitch
      Larks in The Sandwich
      Nipple Dust
      Restroom Poets
      Buttercream
      Pick Dickwick
      Jess Franco's Sauna Adventures
      Swords Against Death
      Onanist
      Pornquick
      7th Kettle of Submersion
      Sloth-harp
      Neopotisim
      Lard Mouse
      RMF (Radical Modern Flatulenece)
      Panty Scream
      The Allowing
      Aquamouse
      Democratic Underground
      Chilli's Party House
      Ticketmaster

      ARTY JAZZ AND MATH ROCK:
      The Seagul Seven
      Dirk Blivins & Patricide
      The Ben Shaberman Quintet
      Acid Matches
      Normatron
      "Parsimoney" Thompson Octet
      Orgone Octet
      George "Palsy" White
      The Super Nova String Trio
      7779
      Turmoil Malarky & Friends
      Trinity
      Spirit of '67

      STONER SHIT:
      The Satan's Magic Bean Band
      The Nectar Dripping Jewels Of Baghdad (my band!--we
      broke up last week, so forget it!)
      Breaknut
      The Vibe
      Leakage
      Homoncluous Jones
      Marx, Christ, and Satan United in Struggle
      White Panthers
      Reincarnation
      Kickin' The Gong, with Sy Roberts
      Vaise

      SINGER-SONGWRITER:
      Floretta Melps
      Jad beak
      "Randy Rage and Peekabo"
      Ghandi's Underwear
      Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Tim
      Tom Beasley
      Kardo
      Jus' Leakin'
      Rivers Singers
      Tim Sprig

      METAL, BLACKMETAL, ETC.
      Papal Bull
      Vainglorious
      Iron Flute
      Van-Hell-Sing
      Marcus Welby Prostate Fund (16 years old!)
      The Last Days of Orgasm
      Quiet Gorilla
      The Doom That Came to Sarnath
      Nitchioobk
      Brad
      Whipesnake
      Clit Eastwood
      Expulsior
      Nuclear Cassanova
      Sun Ritual
      Chivalry
      Munch Gorilla
      Bate Shop
      Regal Riot
      Asathoth

      ?--NOT SURE WHAT TO CALL THESE, AMBIENT?
      Tea Ceremoney
      Vacant Gauze
      Nostrildomous
      Cryptic Gazeebo (real weird, don't have them stay at
      your place)
      spacepaw
      Kickapoo
      Argon Spring
      Heat Kettle
      Affiliate
      DSL Dudes
      Queed
      Tollbooth Switchboards
      Great Pleasure for opportunity
      Katsup Head
      Geodesic Gnome

      --
      lexie macchi + mountain lake booking thing
      812 powers st baltimore md 21211 + 410 3663073
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2004
        geez... that's alot of bands... they've gotta be fake... are ya pulling my leg? stop doing that i'm of a trustworthy nature.... seriously it's bad karma... but if they are real... i want a sampler dic(box set) )

        jason

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • kevin barker
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2004
          Oh SHIT, man, let me know if you guys get something going for Larks in the
          Sandwich. I saw those guys in '79 on a bill with Oregon and National
          Health at the Pig's Ear in Duluth, PA. It was really amazing, serious
          virtuoso stuff, I really haven't seen a soprano sax sessioned like that
          before or since. Really far-out stuff.

          Also I highly recommend the DSL Dudes, kind of a performance art thing
          (which I'm not usually that into), but the D-S-L stands for "Dirty Sign
          Language", so you can imagine the kind of heavy shit those guys are into.
          Only go see them if you're really ready to like take a serious ride for a
          whole evening.

          Peace,
          Kevin
          ps. check out my Intelligent Fusion band, FRONTAL LOBE
          http://www.frontallobe.net/

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
        • Stacie Slotnick
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
            what....a......roster!!!!!

            it was pretty tough to cull a short list from that,
            believe me. but i tried. not only would i be
            *thrilled* i tell you, thrilled to produce shows for
            any of these bands (listed below), i will also make
            them all macrobiotic meals with vegetables i grew
            myself.

            "Parsimoney" Thompson Octet are still together? i
            thought that they broke up during their first
            tour....there was that story about how they were
            playing a show in morgantown, west virginia, and the
            bar was out of vodka (weird, i know) so he freaked out
            and moved to norway? was that just a rumor?

            stacie

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
              wait a minute, I'm in Chilli's Party House!!
              --- him the spider <stpaul3017@...> wrote:
> [...]
              > Swords Against Death
              > Onanist
              > Pornquick
              > 7th Kettle of Submersion
              > Sloth-harp
              > Neopotisim
              > Lard Mouse
              > RMF (Radical Modern Flatulenece)
              > Panty Scream
              > The Allowing
              > Aquamouse
              > Democratic Underground
              > Chilli's Party House
              > Ticketmaster
              >

              > ARTY JAZZ AND MATH ROCK:
              > The Seagul Seven
              > Dirk Blivins & Patricide
              > The Ben Shaberman Quintet
              > Acid Matches
              > Normatron
              > "Parsimoney" Thompson Octet
              > Orgone Octet
              > George "Palsy" White
              > The Super Nova String Trio
              > 7779
              > Turmoil Malarky & Friends
              > Trinity
              > Spirit of '67
              >

              > STONER SHIT:
              > The Satan's Magic Bean Band
              > The Nectar Dripping Jewels Of Baghdad (my band!--we
              > broke up last week, so forget it!)
              > Breaknut
              > The Vibe
              > Leakage
              > Homoncluous Jones
              > Marx, Christ, and Satan United in Struggle
              > White Panthers
              > Reincarnation
              > Kickin' The Gong, with Sy Roberts
              > Vaise
              >

              > SINGER-SONGWRITER:
              > Floretta Melps
              > Jad beak
              > "Randy Rage and Peekabo"
              > Ghandi's Underwear
              > Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Tim
              > Tom Beasley
              > Kardo
              > Jus' Leakin'
              > Rivers Singers
              > Tim Sprig
              >

              > METAL, BLACKMETAL, ETC.
              > Papal Bull
              > Vainglorious
              > Iron Flute
              > Van-Hell-Sing
              > Marcus Welby Prostate Fund (16 years old!)
              > The Last Days of Orgasm
              > Quiet Gorilla
              > The Doom That Came to Sarnath
              > Nitchioobk
              > Brad
              > Whipesnake
              > Clit Eastwood
              > Expulsior
              > Nuclear Cassanova
              > Sun Ritual
              > Chivalry
              > Munch Gorilla
              > Bate Shop
              > Regal Riot
              > Asathoth
              >

              > ?--NOT SURE WHAT TO CALL THESE, AMBIENT?
              > Tea Ceremoney
              > Vacant Gauze
              > Nostrildomous
              > Cryptic Gazeebo (real weird, don't have them stay at

              === message truncated ===

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
                hi stacie
                no thats no rumor -- Thompson James Fibril was running strictly on
                vodka and Cambridge was dry as a bone. Chilis Party House and
                Vainglorious were at a wrestling/ dance-off show at Fort Thunder, so
                they were too late to stop him. Providence is a long way from Oslo.
                love
                prada blouse