Reminder - St. Teresa of the Andes

  • ourlady-announce@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12 12:02 AM

      St. Teresa of the Andes

      Date: Friday, July 13, 2001
      Time: All Day

      Juanita Fernandez Solar was born at Santiago, Chile, on July 13,
      1900. From her adolescence she was devoted to Christ. She
      entered the Monastery of the Discalced Carmelite Nuns at Los
      Andes on May 7, 1919 where she was given the name of Teresa of
      Jesus. She died on April 12th of the following year after
      having made her religious profession. She was beatified by John
      Paul II on April 3, 1987 at Santiago, Chile, and proposed as a
      model for young people. She is the first Chilean and first
      member of the Teresian Carmel in Latin America to be beatified.

      Divine Office: Readings from the Common of Virgins.

      Lord,
      You have told us that you live for ever
      in the hearts of the chaste.
      By the prayers of the virgin, St. Teresa of the Andes,
      help us to live by your grace
      and remain a temple of your Spirit.
      Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
      who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for
      ever and ever.
      Amen!
    • ourlady-announce@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12 12:02 AM

[...]