File - A Prayer for Priests

  • ourlady-announce@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 151 , Jun 1, 2007
      A Prayer for Priests

      Lord Jesus, you have chosen your priests from among us and sent them out
      to proclaim your word and to act in your name. For so great a gift to your
      Church, we give you praise and thanksgiving. We ask you to fill them with
      the fire of your love, that their ministry may reveal your presence in the
      Church. Since they are earthen vessels, we pray that your power shine out
      throught their weakness. In their afflictions let them never be crushed;
      in their doubts never despair; in temptation never be destroyed; in
      persecution never abandoned. Inspire them through prayer to live each day
      the mystery of your dying and rising. In times of weakness send them your
      Spirit, and help them to praise your heavenly Father and pray for poor
      sinners. By the same Holy Spirit put your words on their lips and your
      love in their hearts, to bring good news to the poor and healing to the
      brokenhearted. And may the gift of Mary your mother, to the disciple whom
      you loved, be your gift to every priest. Grant that she who formed you in
      her human image, may form them in your divine image, by the power of your
      Spirit, to the glory of God the Father. Amen.

      O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.

      Leaflets available from:
      The Secretary, St. Vincent Ministry to Priests, 970 Pine Hill Rd., Palm
      Harbor, FL 34683, USA; Tel. (727)786-3821 or All Hallows College, Grace Park Rd., Drumcondra, Dublin 9, Ireland
    • ourlady-announce@yahoogroups.com