June Crown

  • baccus_kaloethes
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 25, 2008
      Greetings,

      June Crown was a great success. Duke Sir Uther and his Lady Countess
      Kara, are heirs to the Oaken Thrones, and the Gild of Our Lady and
      St. Titus the Bastard, and the Worshipful Company of Brewers and
      Brewsters of the Kingdom of the West, was officially chartered.

      We offered to the populace, 15 gallons of homebrew (5 gallons of a
      California Ale, 5 of an American Ale and 5 of an Irish Red Ale), and
      it seemed to be well received. I brought home about 1/2 gallon of
      the red, a gallon of the American and 2 of the Californian.

      Those who will be venturing North to do battle against our Cousins,
      will be able to slack their thirsts on 15 gallons of beer and 10
      gallons of mead that the Guild will supply the Crown. As mentioned
      in our purpose and charter, we will be providing libations for all
      Crown events, and as the West is the Host Kingdom, that means West /
      An-tir War as well.

      Future activites include the all grain brew of beer at Purgatorio
      and the IKBG brewing competitions at Pennsic and Great Western War.

      I'll be checking in with Their Royal Highness' to see what kind(s)
      of libations they would like for their Coronation, and post that to
      the group as soon as I know.

      How many would be interested in a 'Group Brew' in the very near
      future? Please drop a line here to let us know. I think sometime mid-
      July would be good.

      Happy Brewing,

      Baccus
    • baccus_kaloethes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25, 2008
        Greetings,

        June Crown was a great success. Duke Sir Uther and his Lady Countess
        Kara, are heirs to the Oaken Thrones, and the Gild of Our Lady and
        St. Titus the Bastard, and the Worshipful Company of Brewers and
        Brewsters of the Kingdom of the West, was officially chartered. We
        also elevated Fionn Mac Phail to the position of Master Brewer, our
        first master brewer.

[...]

      • Joel Schonbrunn
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25, 2008
          Hail to the Brewers...!

          I am very interested in a group brew meeting. I think that is the
          fastest way to share information amongst ourselves.

          As an additional activity, there will be a brewing contest of sorts
          at the Barony of the Westermark "Plague Madness" on July 11-13th
          (contest on the 12th). The event will be held in the Ed Levin Park
          in Milpitas, basically the same location as it was last year. It is
          also where the A&S was just hosted, if that helps.

          I participated with Baccus in it last year, and I trying to do what I
          can to avoid it being handled poorly again. The populus has
          indicated that they want a separate "for fun" contest, but I am
          trying to ensure that any contest is done in such a way that the
          brewers don't end up insulted by totally untrained/course judges, as
          was the case last time.

          My honest suggestion is to just make it a brewers roundtable, so that
          we can discuss the merits of the entries as a group. One thing that
          I think is consistently lacking in the contests that I have been part
          of in the past is the "Brewer's goal/intent" with the entry. In a
          pure category compliance grading, I think there are a lot of elements
          that are missed.

          What say you?

          Please let me know if you have any opinions or insights into this
          challenging aspect of gild interaction.

          Slainte!
          Joel the Brewer
        • Harmony Satre
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 26, 2008
            Well, I am partial to Cider and Cizer, and that one beer you made... oh, what was it called?  Oh yeah! - Kara!  That was a yummy beer!  I will ask His Tallness, um His Highness about his preferences.

            You guys are awesome, by the way!

            Kara, Crown Princess West

            To: our_lady_saint_titus@yahoogroups.com
            From: baccus_kaloethes@...
            Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:12:28 +0000
            Subject: [our_lady_saint_titus] June Crown

[...]

            The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out!
          • Baccus Kaloethes
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2008

              You are too kind. Cider and Cizer. Shouldn't be a problem, as our newest Master Brewer happens to make a damn fine one of each ;-). I'll also make sure I have some of your namesake on hand. I plan on entering Kara at the Pennsic InterKingdom Brewers Competition. It's a truly period receipe done in a period style, and it tastes quite yummy especially on a hot, humid, Pennsic-like day.

              If his Tallness has any special requests, I'm pretty sure we can accomodate that as well.

              To: our_lady_saint_ titus@yahoogroup s.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 29, 2008
                Thank you!
                We look forward to sampling all of your tastey libations :-)  (and I look forward to hearing how "kara" does at Pennsic!)

                ~Kara

                To: our_lady_saint_titus@yahoogroups.com
                From: baccus_kaloethes@...
                Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:37:56 -0700

                To: our_lady_saint_ titus@yahoogroup s.com
                From: baccus_kaloethes@ yahoo.com
                Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:12:28 +0000

[...]

                Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back! Learn More