Great Western War Brewing Contest Reminder

  • Joel Schonbrunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2008
      Hail Brewsters & Brewers of the West!

      Our friends to the South have sent us additional details about the Contest and Taste of Caid taking place at the Great Western War.  Please note the special details (Forms & Entry fee per bottle) that must be filled out ahead of time.  I will be at the October Crown guild meetings, with the intent to ferry bottles/entries down to the GWW the following week.  So, if you want to participate in a large brewing contest and exhibition of brewing arts, but can't make it to GWW on your own, please get your entries ready.  Note: there are two different events.  The Contest earlier in the day has strict requirements, but the Taste of Caid is free and open to all who wish to participate.  If you give me bottles without official entry forms, I will assume you only mean them to go to the Taste of Caid.

      Here is the announcement from the Contest-o-crat:

      The Right Noble Brewers Guild of Caid will be hosting our 4th Annual Inter-Kingdom Brewing Contest at Great Western War. The Contest will take place Saturday, October 11, 2008. I am also pleased to announce that the contest medallions will be returning to our contest this year! Furthermore I am pleased to announce that for the first time our contest has a sponsor! Beer Beer and More Beer (www.morebeer. com) has agreed to give gift certificates to our contest winners.

      Contest Details:
      Contest entries will be accepted between 8 a.m and 10 a.m. in the Arts and Sciences area.
      Results and bottle return will be (hopefully) during the Taste of Caid between the hours of 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
      No more than 9 entries per contestant, and no more than 3 individual entries per category, will be accepted.
      There will be a charge of $3.00 per entry to help offset the cost of the medallions, cash only; no checks will be accepted.

      For a full copy of the brewing contest rules, please visit the site on the web:
      http://brewers.sca-caid.org/gwwbc/GWWBC4.htm
      or contact via email:
      Reinhardt Medebruer@brewingcontest@....

      Please note that this contest is being run by the Right Noble Brewers Guild of Caid and is not associated with the Inter-kingdom Brewers Guild.

      Thanks

      Reinhardt Medebruer