24Darkwood Arts and Sciences and Purgatorio

  • baccus_kaloethes
    Jul 14, 2008
      Greetings to the list.

      Great Things (tm) are planned for the upcoming Darkwood Arts and
      Sciences event, the 26th of July, and Purgatorio, the weekend of the
      23rd of August.

      At the Darkwood A&S, I will be teaching a 'Basic Brewing' Class, and
      then doing a follow-up with a whole mash brew of a porter and an
      extract brew of a Kolsch.

      I'm doing the two different styles and techniques so that those who
      were in the class, can see the differences in times, materials,
      techniques and prep work.

      Both the Porter and Kolsch will be available for the populace at
      Purgatorio.

      At Purgatorio, we will be doing a whole mash brew of 40 gallons of a
      lager, to be know as Purgatorio Lager, on the Eric. This brew will
      be lagered for the 4 1/2 months to 12th Night, where it will be
      available for the Populace to partake.

      Also at Purgatorio, Lady Sabrina de le Bere has asked if I/we can
      provide 5 gallons of a sweet mead for her Pelican Vigil. I will have
      that completed, kegged and ready to go for her vigil on Friday
      night, the 22nd of August.

      Looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make it to the
      events.

      Baccus