18Re: Great Western War InterKingdom Brewing Competition

  • baccus_kaloethes
    Jun 27, 2008
      Wondeful Joel, thank you.

      If and when you get a sample of the documentation, please post it in
      the files section here so we all can see what the judges may be
      looking for.

      Will you be able to take down entries for those who can't make it to
      GWW, and will you be able to enter stuff for those of us who tend to
      be on the field fighting during the time to sign-up?

      A Taste of the West, sounds great. I'm in...I'll have several
      entries for the competition and for the soiree.

      Baccus

      --- In our_lady_saint_titus@yahoogroups.com, joel schonbrunn
      <joel@...> wrote:

      > Hail to the brewers...!
      >
      > I am happy to volunteer as a GWW liason for this particular IKBC.
      I will be attending for sure, and I have also been in contact with
      Master Donal, who runs "A Taste of Caid", which takes place on
      Saturday night, as an open chance for the brewers to share their
      arts with the everyone. I have participated in all three of them in
      the past, and found it a great way to get comments, and
      suggestions. Donal is very interested in having us host a table
      dedicated to "A Taste of the West", within "the Taste of Caid"
      event. I think we are up to the challenge!

      > I just got some notes from the organizers of the GWW IKBG today as
      well. They strongly encouraged us to spend extra time on our
      documentation, as it is weighed for at least 15 points on their
      scale. I have requested a sample of a well created entry, so that
      we can use it as a style guide.

      > Slainte!
      > -Joel the Brewer
      >

      > To: our_lady_saint_titus@...: baccus_kaloethes@...: Thu, 26 Jun
      2008 15:54:59 +0000Subject: [our_lady_saint_titus] Great Western War
      InterKingdom Brewing Competition

      > This came in from the Right Noble Brewers Guild of
      Caid.BaccusGreetings to my brewing brethren in the Kingdom of
      theWest. I am happy to see that the fine brewing arts arefinally
      being recognized in the Kingdom. My name is Reinhardt Medebruer. I
      would like toformally invite you all to participate in the
      GreatWestern War Brewing Contest. I had the privledge of tasting
      some of the works ofthe brewers in your Kingdom. Some of them did
      wellenough to almost place in the prizes. I invite youonce again to
      try to out do our finest brewers. I am attaching the GWW brewcontest
      information below.Could you be so kind as to forward this on to
      yourkingdom newsletter so that we can have as muchparticipation as
      possible. Inter-Kingdom Brewing Contest at Great Western WarOctober
      11th, 2008The Right Noble Brewers Guild will be hosting our
      4thAnnual Inter-Kingdom Brewing Contest at Great WesternWar. The
      Contest will take place Saturday October 11th2008. Contest entries
      will be accepted between 8 a.mto 10 a.m. in the Arts and Sciences
      area. Results andbottle return will be (hopefully) during the Taste
      ofCaid from the hours of 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. No more than9 entries
      (no more than 3 per category) per contestantwill be accepted. There
      will be a charge of $3.00 perentry CASH ONLY no checks will be
      accepted. For moreinformation contact brewcontest@...: This event
      will take place during the GreatWestern War which is held in:Buena
      Vista Aquatic Recreational Area13601 Ironbark RoadBakersfield, CA,
      93312Event Stuard: For a full copy of the brewing contestrules
      please visithttp://brewers.sca-caid.org/gwwbc/GWWBC4.htm orcontact
      Reinhardt Medebruer (Scott Horner) 716 W.Berkeley Ct. Ontario, Ca.
      91762 (909)467-3575brewingcontest@... The brewing gauntlet has been
      thrown. Do you dare toaccept?Yis Reinhardt MedebruerGWW Brewing
      Contest Autocrat

      > Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger.
      > http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?
      ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_062008

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic