OU Job Board / ParnossahWorks. What are you waiting for?
- View SourceOU Job Board / ParnossahWorks. What are you waiting for?
Who we are:
A unique job placement service created by the Orthodox Union for the
Jewish community-at-large that brings potential employers and
applicants together, and hones the skills of those seeking employment
and employers seeking to fill their open jobs .
* Now possibly the largest Jewish Job Board in North America.
* Since its March inception, the Job Board has posted close to 6,000
jobs and has resulted in an estimated 500 + job placements through the
applicants direct contact with the employers. An active list of over
1000 companies, organizations and non-profits receive weekly mailing
* From the outset, a partnership with FEGS (Federation Employment and
Guidance Service) called ParnossahWorks, made a high level of
professional expertise available to job seekers. Over the past 3 years
700+ people have been gainfully employed using OU-ParnossahWorks
system. Additionally hundreds of other jobs requiring this placement
service system are listed for those in the Greater New York area
* In addition to FEGS, the OU Job Board has partnered with the JVS/JFS
(Jewish Vocational/Family Services) in: Baltimore; Bergen
County/Passaic, NJ; Boston; Chicago; Detroit; Los Angeles; Metro West,
NJ; and Toronto, as well as the New York Council of Jewish
Organizations and the Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty. All of
these organizations have provided job placement services and/or workshops.
* The OU Job Board is a pioneer in Virtual Job Fairs, in which
employer's interview pre-screened applicants by video conference. Two
recent Job Fairs saw 83 people placed in new jobs, over 1200 resumes
processed, and more than 100 resume re-writes provided.
* The Manhattan and Brooklyn Boro Presidents, the head of the NY
Veterans Affairs, the head recruiter of the Department of Labor and
many others have visited the Job Fairs and complimented them on their
efficiency and high level of success.
* Internal estimates rate the level of success of the Job Board in
getting people jobs directly off the boards at 8-10%. Some 150 active
employers regularly use the OU Job Board to find their new employees.
* Communities in Austin, TX, Harrisburg, PA, Dayton, OH, Scranton, PA
and Bangor, ME have asked for listings in their cities to be
integrated into their web sites, in order to help build and expand
their communities appeal to those looking to move.
* Connections with Sephardic communities and outreach organizations
* In the first month of a parallel Israel OU Job Board, some 200
Israeli companies posted over 500 jobs geared to English speaking
immigrants who live in, or are planning to move to, Israel.
* The OU Job Board has become a mini clearing house for yeshivot and
Day Schools countrywide, posting a wide range of educational and
administrative jobs for them.
* The OU Job Board now posts updates regularly to over 200,000
people worldwide informing them about new job prospects in their areas
* The OU Job Board initiates a new "first" by introducing the
Virtual Workshop Seminar where people from across the country can
participate in on-line interactive live video workshops from the
convenience of their computers, allowing e mail questions and answer
sessions to be addressed by qualified professionals live and "in-person"
FOR MORE INFORMATION: