Surgery in just over one day...

  • myearsstickout
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2003
      Wednesday evening, March 5th

      Hello everyone!

      Today is Wednesday, and my otoplasty is scheduled for Friday!!!! I am
      very excited, and slightly nervous. Tomorrow I am off from work to
      get some last minute things out of the way. Since I will be off from
      work for one week following surgery, I have to take care of many
      things tomorrow. Right now I am working on my laundry. I am also
      cleaning my room completely so I will be comfortable when I get home.
      I re-arranged my tv & dvd setup so that it will be more comfortable
      for my viewing since my head will be bandaged up. Just a lot of
      little things like this that I need to take into consideration...

      Since I won't be able to wash my hair for a week, I don't plan on
      going anywhere until next weekend at the earliest. Because of this I
      have to have everything I need in the house by tomorrow. Tomorrow I
      am going food shopping. I will need to get enough food for myself for
      one week.

      Tomorrow night I have to fast, because I will be having anesthesia in
      the morning. I don't know how I am going to manage not eating! I love
      to eat, and when I don't eat I get nauseated. I just hope it works
      out okay...

      Tomorrow I will find out exactly what time I will need to arrive at
      the doctor's office. My doctor has one other surgery Friday, so
      hopefully mine will be first so I can just get it out of the way...

      I am very excited. I can not wait to be able to wear my hair up, and
      get my hair wet without feeling ugly and ashamed. It is very
      exciting. I am so happy that I am doing this, finally!!!!!!

      I will write more tomorrow.

      C.