- From: HR-Aniqa Agha [mailto:email@example.com] CALL FOR ABSTRACTS The Ninth Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Symposium which will be held on 26th-28thMessage 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2010View Source
From: HR-Aniqa Agha [mailto:aniqa@...]
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Ninth Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Symposium which will be held on 26th-28th November 2010, in the historic city of Lahore, Pakistan. The Symposium theme this year is Global Problem Local Solutions. Abstracts are invited on any topic connected with oncology and in particular cancer care in developing countries.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Deadline for submission of Abstracts:
Tuesday 31st August 2010
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts will be selected by the Scientific Committee for either oral or poster presentation. You may indicate your preference when submitting your abstract; however, the committee’s decision is final.
- Authors are permitted to submit more than one abstract.
- Abstract should be proofread for accuracy before submission.
- Abstracts should be submitted as a MS Word file to symposium@...
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, country.
- The name and address of the presenting author should be underlined together with his e mail and telephone contact details
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 350 words and must be structured in such a way to include (1) Purpose/Objectives (2) Material/methods (3) Results (4) Conclusion.
- Abstract stating: ‘data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the first occurrence of the full word.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Authors can include only one figure, table or black/white illustration (maximum width 7 cm).
- Equations can be inserted in the text as images (only JPG, PNG, and GIF files are accepted).
- The preferred font is Verdana 8.
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
It is my privilege and great pleasure, as chairman of the Organizing Committee, to invite you to the 9th Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital Cancer Symposium that will be held from 26 – 28 November 2010, in Lahore,Pakistan.
The symposium theme this year is "Global Problem Local Solutions" and we are looking to adapt the best in world oncology to our local practice. This program will focus on common cancers and is expected to be educational, informative, and interesting. The meeting will feature distinguish foreign and local experts and in the process, we hope to learn how to work better and smarter in our setting. Recognizing the important role that palliative care and oncology nursing has to offer for cancer patients, a full-day program will be devoted to these subjects during the symposium.
Lahore is renowned for its rich history, culture and hospitality and has become the defining city for people of Pakistan. We look forward to seeing you in Lahore!
Dr. Arif Jamshed
Chairman Organizing Committee
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Symposium
JOIN THE YAHOOGROUPS
CME – MEDICAL EDUCATION
EVENTS UPDATES YAHOO GROUP
To receive emails of conferences, workshops, lectures, CME, job opportunities and educational emails in your mail box
COMMUNITY AWARENESS YAHOO GROUP
Being a member, you will receive emails related to health issues, awareness programme and educational activities.
Both groups are strictly monitored and no junk emails are approved. Daily limited emails are approved. Being a member of these groups you are allowed to send informative messages to your friends and colleagues. Your email addresses is also restricted.
FORWARD THE MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS & COLLEAGUES TO JOIN THESE YAHOOGROUP