IFHNOS 2008

  • headnecktmh
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2008
      Dear  Colleagues,

      As you may be aware the International Federation of Head & Neck Oncology has planned a first of its kind World Tour from September 29th – November 4th, 2008. This initiative is spearheaded by Dr. Jatin P Shah, Chief of Head & Neck Services at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York along with six international experts in the field. (Dr. Jean-Louis Lefebvre (Director, IFHNOS) from France, Dr. William Wei (Secretary General, IFHNOS) from Hong Kong, Dr. Christopher O'Brien (Web Director, IFHNOS) from Australia, two members of the executive committee of IFHNOS - Dr. Patrick Gullane from Canada , Dr. Kie-Kian Ang from Houston, Texas and Dr. Arlene Forastiere from Baltimore, Maryland) .  The main focus of the program is to provide state of art knowledge and explore the frontiers of Head & Neck cancer diagnosis and current treatment. The highlight is to provide ample opportunity for interactive sessions between local faculty, delegates and the international experts.  The entire tour will cover 11 countries across the globe. Details of the world tour are available on the website www.ifhnosworldtour2008.org

      The South East Asian Leg will be hosted in Mumbai on the 20th and 21st of October 2008.  We plan to start the program the previous evening (19th October) with satellite symposia and welcome reception commencing 6pm that evening.

      This letter is for your information as well as a request to pass it on to anybody who in your opinion would be interested to attend.  The conference is multidisciplinary and targeted at surgical oncologists, Otolaryngologists, Head and Neck Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists and others with a special interest in the field of Head & Neck Oncology.

      The basic format of the programme is a two hour capsule focused on each subsite in the head and neck region. This will include a half hour overview by one of the touring international faculty followed by an interactive panel discussion which deals with specific case scenarios.

      We have special rates for early registration and I would urge you to register at the earliest. Cheques should issued in the name of IFHNOS MUMBAI and mailed to me at the address below. The registration fee is Rs 4000 only till the 1st of September, Registration will include entry to all scientific sessions, welcome reception as well as the conference banquet. The registration form is attached to this mail or can be downloaded from the website above.

      I look forward to an early reply in this very important first of its kind event.  Your active participation will go a long way in not only making the conference a success but more importantly in contributing to the Head & Neck Oncology specialty in the entire region.

      Thanking you,

      Yours Sincerely,

      Dr. A.K. D'Cruz
      Professor & Surgeon