Firehouse Challenge

  • Bobbi Dansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2012
      I just checked the sign up today.  There are still two days, Wednesday and Thursday, available to sign up to cook dinner for the Firehouse.  I would strongly urge you to consider signing up.  This is a great way for us to show our appreciation for the hard work these men and women  take on every day.  If it’s too difficult for you to prepare and cook the meal in an evening since most of you work, please consider preparing it a day or two beforehand and then just cooking and delivering it on Wednesday or Thursday.
      This is why it’s called a “Challenge”.  I Challenge those of you that have not signed up to consider doing so.

      The link is:
      http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084BA9AA29A75-firehouse

      Thanks so much!!!

      Bobbi
    • Bobbi Dansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2012
        I’m going to try one last plea to try to get Wednesday and Thursday of next week filled with a troop to prepare dinner for the Firehouse.  If nobody signs up the SU will provide dinner for them.  I can’t believe that out of 20+ troops, there are only 7 that are willing to help out with this Community Service Project.  I have to admit, I’m disappointed.  As I said earlier, I understand it might be difficult to manage dinner for others on a work/school night but it’s probably difficult for these men and women to be away from their families the amount of time that they are in order to fulfill their service to our community.
        I’ll get off my soapbox now.  Please try to remember the events of 9/11/01 and the meaning behind this challenge before deciding it’s just too much work for you.

        Bobbi Dansen

      • Heidi Yingling
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2012
          Troop 78 has signed up for Wednesday nights meals.
          Thanks so much of arranging this for our girls. Sorry we didn't sign up sooner,

          Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 4:05 PM
          Subject: [ossuparents] Firehouse Challenge

          I’m going to try one last plea to try to get Wednesday and Thursday of next week filled with a troop to prepare dinner for the Firehouse.  If nobody signs up the SU will provide dinner for them.  I can’t believe that out of 20+ troops, there are only 7 that are willing to help out with this Community Service Project.  I have to admit, I’m disappointed.  As I said earlier, I understand it might be difficult to manage dinner for others on a work/school night but it’s probably difficult for these men and women to be away from their families the amount of time that they are in order to fulfill their service to our community.
          I’ll get off my soapbox now.  Please try to remember the events of 9/11/01 and the meaning behind this challenge before deciding it’s just too much work for you.

          Bobbi Dansen

          No virus found in this message.