News Flash: British nationals urged to leave Pakistan

  • IntellNet
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      British nationals urged to leave Pakistan

      ----------------------
      There is a significant threat from terrorism to visibly Western
      institutions and individuals, particularly in major urban areas.
      We advise British nationals other than those of Pakistani origin
      against all but essential travel to Pakistan and to leave
      Pakistan unless you have compelling reasons to stay. While
      British nationals of western origin are more likely to be
      targeted by terrorists, all British nationals should be aware
      that there is a high threat from indiscriminate bombing
      throughout Pakistan. There remains a risk of conflict between
      India and Pakistan: were such a conflict to start, our capacity
      to evacuate British nationals would be limited.

      UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office
      [ http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390590&a=KCountryAdvice&aid=1013618386307 ]

      News Flash Provided by IntellNet [ http://www.intellnet.org ]
      -The Intelligence Network