RE: LonTimes: Climate change data dumped

  • Beowulf
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6936328.ece
      >
      > Climate change data dumped
      >
      > Jonathan Leake, Environment Editor
      >

      > SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted
      > throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their
      > predictions of global warming are based.
      >
      > It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations
      > said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.
      >
      > The UEA�s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was forced to reveal the loss
      > following requests for the data under Freedom of Information
      > legislation.

      Had the data not been destroyed, it would have revealed that surface
      temperature measurements from weather stations indicate that the world
      has not warmed during the twentieth century. Although we do not have
      that data, the climategate files contain the output of a program run
      over that data, which indicate no twentieth century warming as measured
      by weather stations.
      <http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/11420>\

      The most credible treemometer is the treeline - more
      generally any tree living under conditions where
      temperature - not competition from other trees, not
      soil, and not water, is the critical limiting variable.
      This necessitates taking samples from places where the
      ground is relatively flat, and trees are sparse due to
      temperature and only due to temperature - which comes to
      much the same thing, trees near the treeline.

      Trees from near the treeline show constant twentieth
      century temperatures, wildly fluctuating medieval period, show the
      medieval climatic optimum substantially warmer than the present.
      http://noconsensus.wordpress.com/2009/11/28/context-2/