New article posted in THE OSCHOLARS Library

  • D C Rose
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 4, 2007
      This week's article is '"Judas always writes the biography": The Many
      Lives of Oscar Wilde' by Ruth Robbins, first published in Victorian
      Identities: Social and Cultural Formations in Nineteenth-Century
      Literature, eds Ruth Robbins and Julian Wolfreys, Basingstoke:
      Macmillan, 1996, pp.97-118.

      It can found at http://www.oscholars.com/TO/Appendix/library.htm.

      DCR
    • D C Rose
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 11, 2007
        Dear Colleagues,

        This week's article is Shelton Waldrep's 'The Aesthetic Realism of
        Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray'.

        DCR
      • D C Rose
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 23, 2007
          Dear Colleagues,

          This week's article is 'Paterian aesthetics, pederasty, and Oscar
          Wilde's fairy tales' by Naomi Wood.

          With compliments of the Season,

          DCR
        • D C Rose
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 29, 2007
            Dear Colleagues,

            This week's article is 'White Symphonies with Red Spots: Colour and the
            Representation of Women in Four Poems by Oscar Wilde' by Anja Mueller.

            With wild good wishes for 2008, when we will be continuing this series.

            DCR
          • D C Rose
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 6, 2008
              Dear Colleagues,

              This week's article is 'Oscar Wilde (1854-1900): Aesthetics and
              Criticism' by Megan Becker-Leckrone.

              Best wishes,

              DCR
            • D C Rose
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 12, 2008
                Dear Colleagues,

                This week's article is 'Ethics and Aesthetics in The Picture of Dorian
                Gray' by Michael Patrick Gillespie, the first of five articles that we
                are republishing by Professor Gillespie at regular intervals.

                We continue to publish links to articles that have appeared elsewhere
                on line in our section 'In Other Bookcases'.

                DCR
              • D C Rose
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 20, 2008
                  Dear Colleagues,

                  This week's article is 'The First Gay Irishman? Ireland and the Wilde
                  Trials' by Eibhear Walshe.

                  DCR
                • D C Rose
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 27, 2008
                    Dear Colleagues,

                    This week's article is 'Salome: The Fetishization of a Textual Corpus',
                    the second of a number of articles by Megan Becker-Leckrone that we are
                    putting on line.

                    We have also been putting new bibliographies on line, and updating our
                    Tables of Contents.

                    DCR
                  • D C Rose
                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 2 2:15 AM
                      Dear Colleagues,

                      This week's article is 'Oscar Wilde; Savage Paradox', by Patricia
                      Flanagan Behrendt, who recently joined our editorial team.

                      DCR
                    • D C Rose
                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 11 12:40 AM
                        Dear Colleagues,

                        This week's article is Michael Patrick Gillespie's 'Oscar Wilde and the
                        Fabrication of an Irish Identity', a study of The Importance of being
                        Earnest.

                        Best wishes,

                        DCR
                      • D C Rose
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 16 2:28 AM
                          Dear Colleagues,

                          This week's article is 'The Counterdiscourse of the Feminine in Three
                          Texts by Wilde, Huysmans, and Sacher-Masoch' by Rita Felski.

                          We also continue to add new links to articles on-line elsewhere, and we
                          draw your attention to the announcements on our NOTICEBOARD.

                          DCR
                        • D C Rose
                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 23 2:20 AM
                            Dear Colleagues,

                            This week's article is Megan Becker-Leckrone: `Misremembering Wilde:
                            Oscar Wilde, His Critical Legacy, and His Critics'.

                            Best wishes,

                            DCR
                          • D C Rose
                            Message 13 of 25 , Mar 1, 2008
                              Dear Colleagues,

                              This week's article is Charles Musser's 'The Hidden and the
                              Unspeakable: On Theatrical Culture, Oscar Wilde and Ernst Lubitsch's
                              Lady Windermere's Fan.

                              Best wishes,

                              DCR
                            • D C Rose
                              Message 14 of 25 , Mar 5, 2008
                                Dear Colleagues,

                                As we will be at the Oxford Oscar Wilde Conference this weekend we post
                                this announcement a few days earlier than usual.

                                This week's article in our Library is Michael Patrick Gillespie's 'From
                                Beau Brummell to Lady Bracknell, Reviewing the Dandy in The Importance
                                of being Earnest'.

                                DCR
                              • D C Rose
                                Message 15 of 25 , Mar 16, 2008
                                  Dear Colleagues,

                                  This week's article is 'Wilde's Appreciations: Plagiarism, Citation,
                                  and Aesthetic Communities' by Megan Becker-Leckrone. This is the
                                  fourth in a series of articles by Dr Becker-Leckrone that we have been
                                  publishing.

                                  DCR
                                • D C Rose
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Mar 22, 2008
                                    Dear Colleagues,

                                    This week's article is '"What's in a Name?": Representing The Picture

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Mar 29, 2008
                                      Dear Colleagues,

                                      Extending our range, we are very pleased to publish this week the first
                                      three chapters of Gyles Brandreth's second Oscar Wilde novel, Oscar
                                      Wilde and the Ring of Death, ahead of its publication in Great Britain
                                      in May, in the US in September and in France and elsewhere next
                                      January. Mr Brandreth writes 'I'm excited to have discovered your
                                      wonderful website - and very thrilled to read Mark Llewellyn's generous
                                      review in THE OSCHOLARS.'

                                      We continue to add new links to other published articles (IN OTHER
                                      BOOKCASES), and we have updated our AWARDS, NOTICEBOARD and BEING
                                      TALKED about sections.

                                      DCR
                                    • D C Rose
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Apr 5, 2008
                                        Dear Colleagues,

                                        This week's article in our LIBRARY is an interview with Floortje
                                        Zwigtman, whose novels of gay life in 1890s London we have reviewed in
                                        both THE OSCHOLARS and Rue des Beaux Arts. There are also new links to
                                        other articles in our section IN OTHER BOOKCASES, and we have expanded
                                        our BIBLIOGRAPHY of works by and about Wilde in Portuguese. Our Table
                                        of Contents for all issues of The Wildean has been brought up to date.

                                        We also draw your attention to the conference on Irish-French theatre,
                                        13th/14th June, University of Lille III, featuring two papers on Wilde,
                                        one of which also refers to Shaw. Full details will be found on our
                                        NOTICEBOARD.

                                        DCR