New article posted in THE OSCHOLARS Library

  • D C Rose
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 1, 2007
      This week's article is 'The Importance of re-naming Earnest. Italian
      Translations of Oscar Wilde' by Adrian Pablé.

      DCR
    • D C Rose
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 7, 2007
        This week's article is 'Bataille/ Wilde: An Economic and Aesthetic
        Genealogy of the Gift' by Richard Dellamora.

        DCR
      • D C Rose
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 18, 2007
          This week's article is 'Taking risks: A reading of Oscar Wilde's The
          Picture of Dorian Gray' by Isabel Fraile Murlanch.

          DCR
        • D C Rose
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 22, 2007
            This week's article is 'The (Fai)Lure of the Aesthetic Ideal and the
            (Re)Formation of Art: The Medieval Paradigm that Frames The Picture of
            Dorian Gray' by Felicia Bonaparte

            DCR
          • Sumner
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 22, 2007
              Would it be possible to also post with these notices a clickable site
              address or something which we can copy and paste as a route to get
              directly to the article from here?

              Thank you,
              Sumner

              --- In oscholarship@yahoogroups.com, "D C Rose" <oscholars@...> wrote:

              > This week's article is 'The (Fai)Lure of the Aesthetic Ideal and the
              > (Re)Formation of Art: The Medieval Paradigm that Frames The Picture
              of
              > Dorian Gray' by Felicia Bonaparte
              >
              > DCR

            • D C Rose
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 28, 2007

                This week's article is 'Wilde, Beardsley and the Making of Salome' ,  by Professor Linda Zatlin of Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia.

                THE OSCHOLARS Library is found at http://www.oscholars.com/TO/Appendix/library.htm

                DCR

              • D C Rose
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 4, 2007
                  This week's article is '"Judas always writes the biography": The Many
                  Lives of Oscar Wilde' by Ruth Robbins, first published in Victorian
                  Identities: Social and Cultural Formations in Nineteenth-Century
                  Literature, eds Ruth Robbins and Julian Wolfreys, Basingstoke:
                  Macmillan, 1996, pp.97-118.

                  It can found at http://www.oscholars.com/TO/Appendix/library.htm.

                  DCR
                • D C Rose
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 11, 2007
                    Dear Colleagues,

                    This week's article is Shelton Waldrep's 'The Aesthetic Realism of
                    Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray'.

                    DCR
                  • D C Rose
                    Message 9 of 25 , Dec 23, 2007
                      Dear Colleagues,

                      This week's article is 'Paterian aesthetics, pederasty, and Oscar
                      Wilde's fairy tales' by Naomi Wood.

                      With compliments of the Season,

                      DCR
                    • D C Rose
                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 29, 2007
                        Dear Colleagues,

                        This week's article is 'White Symphonies with Red Spots: Colour and the
                        Representation of Women in Four Poems by Oscar Wilde' by Anja Mueller.

                        With wild good wishes for 2008, when we will be continuing this series.

                        DCR
                      • D C Rose
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 6, 2008
                          Dear Colleagues,

                          This week's article is 'Oscar Wilde (1854-1900): Aesthetics and
                          Criticism' by Megan Becker-Leckrone.

                          Best wishes,

                          DCR
                        • D C Rose
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 12, 2008
                            Dear Colleagues,

                            This week's article is 'Ethics and Aesthetics in The Picture of Dorian
                            Gray' by Michael Patrick Gillespie, the first of five articles that we
                            are republishing by Professor Gillespie at regular intervals.

                            We continue to publish links to articles that have appeared elsewhere
                            on line in our section 'In Other Bookcases'.

                            DCR
                          • D C Rose
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 20, 2008
                              Dear Colleagues,

                              This week's article is 'The First Gay Irishman? Ireland and the Wilde
                              Trials' by Eibhear Walshe.

                              DCR
                            • D C Rose
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 27, 2008
                                Dear Colleagues,

                                This week's article is 'Salome: The Fetishization of a Textual Corpus',
                                the second of a number of articles by Megan Becker-Leckrone that we are
                                putting on line.

                                We have also been putting new bibliographies on line, and updating our
                                Tables of Contents.

                                DCR
                              • D C Rose
                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 2, 2008
                                  Dear Colleagues,

                                  This week's article is 'Oscar Wilde; Savage Paradox', by Patricia
                                  Flanagan Behrendt, who recently joined our editorial team.

                                  DCR
                                • D C Rose
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Feb 11, 2008
                                    Dear Colleagues,

                                    This week's article is Michael Patrick Gillespie's 'Oscar Wilde and the
                                    Fabrication of an Irish Identity', a study of The Importance of being
                                    Earnest.

                                    Best wishes,

                                    DCR
                                  • D C Rose
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Feb 16, 2008
                                      Dear Colleagues,

                                      This week's article is 'The Counterdiscourse of the Feminine in Three
                                      Texts by Wilde, Huysmans, and Sacher-Masoch' by Rita Felski.

                                      We also continue to add new links to articles on-line elsewhere, and we
                                      draw your attention to the announcements on our NOTICEBOARD.

                                      DCR
                                    • D C Rose
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Feb 23, 2008
                                        Dear Colleagues,

                                        This week's article is Megan Becker-Leckrone: `Misremembering Wilde:
                                        Oscar Wilde, His Critical Legacy, and His Critics'.

                                        Best wishes,

                                        DCR
                                      • D C Rose
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Mar 1, 2008
                                          Dear Colleagues,

                                          This week's article is Charles Musser's 'The Hidden and the
                                          Unspeakable: On Theatrical Culture, Oscar Wilde and Ernst Lubitsch's
                                          Lady Windermere's Fan.

                                          Best wishes,

                                          DCR
                                        • D C Rose
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Mar 5, 2008
                                            Dear Colleagues,

                                            As we will be at the Oxford Oscar Wilde Conference this weekend we post
                                            this announcement a few days earlier than usual.

                                            This week's article in our Library is Michael Patrick Gillespie's 'From
                                            Beau Brummell to Lady Bracknell, Reviewing the Dandy in The Importance
                                            of being Earnest'.

                                            DCR
                                          • D C Rose
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Mar 16, 2008
                                              Dear Colleagues,

                                              This week's article is 'Wilde's Appreciations: Plagiarism, Citation,
                                              and Aesthetic Communities' by Megan Becker-Leckrone. This is the
                                              fourth in a series of articles by Dr Becker-Leckrone that we have been
                                              publishing.

                                              DCR
                                            • D C Rose
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Mar 22, 2008
                                                Dear Colleagues,

                                                This week's article is '"What's in a Name?": Representing The Picture

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Mar 29, 2008
                                                  Dear Colleagues,

                                                  Extending our range, we are very pleased to publish this week the first
                                                  three chapters of Gyles Brandreth's second Oscar Wilde novel, Oscar
                                                  Wilde and the Ring of Death, ahead of its publication in Great Britain
                                                  in May, in the US in September and in France and elsewhere next
                                                  January. Mr Brandreth writes 'I'm excited to have discovered your
                                                  wonderful website - and very thrilled to read Mark Llewellyn's generous
                                                  review in THE OSCHOLARS.'

                                                  We continue to add new links to other published articles (IN OTHER
                                                  BOOKCASES), and we have updated our AWARDS, NOTICEBOARD and BEING
                                                  TALKED about sections.

                                                  DCR
                                                • D C Rose
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Apr 5, 2008
                                                    Dear Colleagues,

                                                    This week's article in our LIBRARY is an interview with Floortje
                                                    Zwigtman, whose novels of gay life in 1890s London we have reviewed in
                                                    both THE OSCHOLARS and Rue des Beaux Arts. There are also new links to
                                                    other articles in our section IN OTHER BOOKCASES, and we have expanded
                                                    our BIBLIOGRAPHY of works by and about Wilde in Portuguese. Our Table
                                                    of Contents for all issues of The Wildean has been brought up to date.

                                                    We also draw your attention to the conference on Irish-French theatre,
                                                    13th/14th June, University of Lille III, featuring two papers on Wilde,
                                                    one of which also refers to Shaw. Full details will be found on our
                                                    NOTICEBOARD.

                                                    DCR