New article posted in THE OSCHOLARS Library, &c

  • musardant
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1 2:37 AM
      Dear Colleagues, A Chomhghleacaithe liom, Chères et chers collègues,
      Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, Geachte collega's en collegae,
      Estimados colegas, Cari colleghi e colleghe, Drodzy Koledzy i
      Kolez˙anki, Queridos colegas, Dragi colegi, Kära kolleger, Kedves
      Kollegák!, Annwyl Colegion, Postovane kolege i kolegice:

      The new RUE DES BEAUX ARTS is now on-line, as well as the third issue
      of THE SIBYL, long delayed by technical problems. Our BIBLIOGRAPHIES
      have been augmented, and there is a new MOORINGS bulletin. Our
      POSTERWALL has been updated, and a new section on Irish productions of
      The Importance has joined our SCENOGRAPHIES. We have also increased
      our team of editors.

      This week's LIBRARY article is the appreciation of Wilde by Ernest La
      Jeunesse published in La Revue Blanche shortly after Wilde's death.

      DCR
    • musardant
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 12 1:32 AM
        Dear Colleagues, A Chomhghleacaithe liom, Chères et chers collègues,
        Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, Geachte collega's en collegae,
        Estimados colegas, Cari colleghi e colleghe, Drodzy Koledzy i
        Kolez˙anki, Queridos colegas, Dragi colegi, Kära kolleger, Kedves
        Kollegák!, Annwyl Colegion, Postovane kolege i kolegice:

        I apologise for the lateness of this weekly report. Last week we
        updated BEING TALKED ABOUT, AWARDS and CONFERENCES; the LIBRARY article
        was the Revue Blanche article by Alfred Douglas in defence of Wilde
        (1896).

        DCR
      • musardant
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 15 1:47 AM
          Dear Colleagues, A Chomhghleacaithe liom, Chères et chers collègues,
          Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, Geachte collega's en collegae,
          Estimados colegas, Cari colleghi e colleghe, Drodzy Koledzy i
          Kolez˙anki, Queridos colegas, Dragi colegi, Kära kolleger, Kedves
          Kollegák!, Annwyl Colegion, Postovane kolege i kolegice:

          This week's LIBRARY article is Robert Fraser's The Lamp of Artifice:
          Proust, Darwin and Wilde.

          The deadline for articles for our special supplement on TELENY is
          approaching. Contact us if you wish to submit one.

          New pages on our SHAVINGS posterwall have been created for Arms & the
          Man and Caesar & Cleopatra.

          DCR
        • musardant
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 22 1:11 AM
            Dear Colleagues, A Chomhghleacaithe liom, Chères et chers collègues,
            Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, Geachte collega's en collegae,
            Estimados colegas, Cari colleghi e colleghe, Drodzy Koledzy i
            Kolez˙anki, Queridos colegas, Dragi colegi, Kära kolleger, Kedves
            Kollegák!, Annwyl Colegion, Postovane kolege i kolegice:

            This week we have added The Devil's Disciple to our SHAVINGS
            posterwall; and a bibliography of works on Wilde published by Colin
            Smythe in our BIBLIOGRAPHIES section. This week's LIBRARY article is
            Annie Bisang's Director's Note to her recent production of Salomé.

            DCR
          • D C Rose
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 29 1:07 AM
              Dear Colleagues, A Chomhghleacaithe liom, Chères et chers collègues,
              Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, Geachte collega's en collegae,
              Estimados colegas, Cari colleghi e colleghe, Drodzy Koledzy i
              Kolez˙anki, Queridos colegas, Dragi colegi, Kära kolleger, Kedves
              Kollegák!, Annwyl Colegion, Postovane kolege i kolegice:

              The second edition of VISIONS is now on line, and we have added The
              Doctors' Dilemma to our SHAVINGS posterwall.

              This week's LIBRARY article is 'Oscar Wilde and the Evasion of
              Principle' by Professor Joseph Loewenstein.

              DCR
            • D C Rose
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 6, 2008
                This week's LIBRARY article is Michael Molino: Narrator/Voice in The
                Picture of Dorian Gray: A Question of Consistency, Control and
                Perspective.

                'Fanny's First Play' has been added to the SHAVINGS posterwall.

                The Irish SCENOGRAPHY has been enlarged to include productions of An
                Ideal Husband, and a first Hungarian scenography has been added.

                We have updated the AWARDS, BEING TALKED ABOUT and CONFERENCES pages,
                which can be reached from our drop down menu.

                DCR
              • D C Rose
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 13, 2008
                  Dear Colleagues, A Chomhghleacaithe liom, Chères et chers collègues,
                  Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, Geachte collega's en collegae,
                  Estimados colegas, Cari colleghi e colleghe, Drodzy Koledzy i
                  Kolez˙anki, Queridos colegas, Dragi colegi, Kära kolleger, Kedves
                  Kollegák!, Annwyl Colegion, Postovane kolege i kolegice:

                  This week's LIBRARY article is John A. Bertolini: `Wilde and
                  Shakespeare in Shaw's You Never Can Tell', and we have added 'Fantastic
                  Foundling' to the SHAVINGS posterwall. We are also pleased to announce
                  the appointment of Emily Alder (Napier University, Edinburgh) as
                  Scotland Editor, and Annabel Rutherford (York University, Toronto) as
                  Dance Editor.

                  DCR
                • D C Rose
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 20, 2008
                    Dear Colleagues, A Chomhghleacaithe liom, Chères et chers collègues,
                    Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, Geachte collega's en collegae,
                    Estimados colegas, Cari colleghi e colleghe, Drodzy Koledzy i
                    Kolez˙anki, Queridos colegas, Dragi colegi, Kära kolleger, Kedves
                    Kollegák!, Annwyl Colegion, Postovane kolege i kolegice:

                    This week's LIBRARY article is Robert Ross: 'A Superfluous Note of
                    Explanation' and 'Geneva' is this week's SHAVINGS Posterwall.

                    The July edition of THE OSCHOLARS has been completed and is currently
                    with our webmaster for uploading. This will take a few days. Access
                    via the drop down menu on THE OSCHOLARS home page, itself reached
                    from our hub page.

                    We draw your attention to a discovery we have only just made: 'The
                    1890s Hypermedia Archive' http://www.ryerson.ca/1890s/index.html.
                    This valuable website seems to be in embryo form, created perhaps
                    late last year, and worth watching.

                    Reminder: Montpellier October 2009 www.esthetismes.org.

                    DCR
                  • MICHAEL SEENEY
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 20, 2008
                      David

                      Your link to Ryerson didn't work for me - it did if I cut it off after "1890s". Although it is embryonic, it needs to be treated with care - the map of 1890s London is odd to say the least (the St James's Theatre seems to be in Lincoln's Inn!). Linda Zatlin's piece on Beardsley doesn't display quite the rigour I would have expected from her, but she'll be pleased to note that her catalogue raisonee of Beardsley was published in 2006, when she told me last month that she's still arguing with her publisher as to whether it should be in one or two volumes.

                      Best wishes

                      Michael

                      D C Rose <oscholars@...> wrote:
                      Dear Colleagues, A Chomhghleacaithe liom, Chères et chers collègues,
                      Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, Geachte collega's en collegae,
                      Estimados colegas, Cari colleghi e colleghe, Drodzy Koledzy i
                      Kolez&#729;anki, Queridos colegas, Dragi colegi, Kära kolleger, Kedves

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 20, 2008
                        Dear Michael,

                        Many thanks indeed.  I'll issue a correction.

                        Yours v.s.,

                        D C Rose <oscholars@gmail. com> wrote:
[...]

                        THE OSCHOLARS group of journals includes The Eighth Lamp (Ruskin), Moorings (George Moore) , Rue des Beaux Arts and The Oscholars (Wilde), Shavings (Shaw), and The Sybil (Vernon Lee).

                        Animations GRATUITES pour votre messagerie - par IncrediMail! Cliquez ici!