Cleaning up PMMail directories

  • Dr. Jeffrey Race
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
      On Sun, 21 May 2000 19:58:46 +0000, Alan D Barbour wrote:

      >Wow--that sure seems to be doing the job--I had forgotten how much junk
      >I had let accumulate in there.

      And may I remind you periodically to go to the command line
      to run DIR on the \DROPBOX and \TRASH directories. These
      accumulate a lot of clutter which must be deleted, as the
      remnant files never appear anywhere in the graphical interface.

      Also at some point when you have sent all your outgoing messages,
      run DIR on the \OUTBOX directory to bring to light and delete
      remnant files which similarly never appear, even after re-
      indexing.

      Also be sure to re-index your folders occasionally to bring
      to light files that have been lost to the index somehow. (Which
      however as noted above sometimes fails to bring remnant files
      to light.)

      Jeffrey Race
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
        As I've used MS's on their platform and Clearlook, Describe, and
        Footprint/IBM Works on OS/2, as have many others, I'm sure, comparisons
        of features in use would be informative. -
        htravis@... (Harry Travis)
        DemostiX