Yahoo! "Improvements"

  • J. Pfisterer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2006
      Yahoo! Groups has just introduced a "Fully featured new and
      improved" format for group messages, featuring color, HTML
      formatting and links for instant access to photos, files,
      calendar, etc.

      If this message looks different from what you've been accustomed
      to in Yahoo! Groups, you may be experiencing their "improvements".

      You have a choice, now, between "Fully Featured New" and
      "Traditional" (the way it was before) formats. To make a change:

      log in (the usual user ID and password).

      2. Open the group for which you want to change the format.

      3. From the group's home page (not before) click on "Edit
      Membership".

      4. On the "Edit Membership" page, scroll down to the bottom, and
      click on either "Fully featured new" or "Traditional".

      5. Finally click on "Save Changes".

      If you belong to other groups, you may have to do this for each of
      them. In my case, I found some groups changed to "New" and others
      still "Traditional"--with no discernible pattern. Perhaps Yahoo!
      is phasing in the change.

      Enjoy!

      Jack P.
    • Adrian Suri
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
        But did you notice it came at the cost of no more Java chat...
        hence no more yahoo chat under OS/2

        adrian

        J. Pfisterer wrote:

        > Yahoo! Groups has just introduced a "Fully featured new and
        > improved" format for group messages, featuring color, HTML
        > formatting and links for instant access to photos, files,
        > calendar, etc.
        >
        > If this message looks different from what you've been accustomed
        > to in Yahoo! Groups, you may be experiencing their "improvements".
        >
        > You have a choice, now, between "Fully Featured New" and
        > "Traditional" (the way it was before) formats. To make a change:

        > log in (the usual user ID and password).
        >
        > 2. Open the group for which you want to change the format.
        >
        > 3. From the group's home page (not before) click on "Edit
        > Membership".
        >
        > 4. On the "Edit Membership" page, scroll down to the bottom, and
        > click on either "Fully featured new" or "Traditional".
        >
        > 5. Finally click on "Save Changes".
        >
        > If you belong to other groups, you may have to do this for each of
        > them. In my case, I found some groups changed to "New" and others
        > still "Traditional"--with no discernible pattern. Perhaps Yahoo!
        > is phasing in the change.
        >
        > Enjoy!
        >
        > Jack P.

      • Kris Steenhaut
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
          Adrian Suri schreef:

          >But did you notice it came at the cost of no more Java chat...
          >hence no more yahoo chat under OS/2

          It's not only Yahoo of course. Apparently all sites are quickly moving
          to Flash type chatting (-:

          --
          Groeten uit Gent,

          Kris