WordPerfect 5.2 for OS2

  • Kris Steenhaut
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 19, 2005
      Has anyone the disks still floating around?
    • Mark Henigan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2005
        Hello Kris:

        I have a set of what turned out to be a pirated
        copy. I've never trusted them to be accurate.
        However, I would be glad to place them on a CD
        for you if you want to try them.

        Best Regards,

        - Mark

        Mark Henigan

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 20, 2005
          Mark Henigan schreef:

          >Hello Kris:
          >
          >I have a set of what turned out to be a pirated
          >copy. I've never trusted them to be accurate.
          >However, I would be glad to place them on a CD
          >for you if you want to try them.

          Yes please.
          However, how do we arrange for your costs?

          --
          Groeten uit Gent,

          Kris
        • Alan Beagley
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 20, 2005
            I have a set of the original WP5.2 for OS/2 floppies, but I have no idea
            whether they are still readable.

            I say "original", because WPCorp came out with an updated version (still
            called ver. 5.2) that is alleged to be better -- but still not that good.

            -=-
            Alan

            On 07/19/05 09:52 pm Kris Steenhaut tossed the following ingredients
            into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

            > Has anyone the disks still floating around?
          • Craig
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 20, 2005
              Alan Beagley wrote:

              > I have a set of the original WP5.2 for OS/2 floppies, but I have no idea
              > whether they are still readable.
              >
              > I say "original", because WPCorp came out with an updated version (still
              > called ver. 5.2) that is alleged to be better -- but still not that good.

              They were called patch releases and could be differentiated by their
              dates. These only fixed minor things, such as in incompatibility in
              font display or rendering. If major changes were made, of course the
              version number incremented.

              I wouldn't worry too much about the patch level.

              Craig.
            • Mark Henigan
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 20, 2005
                Hello Kris:

                I can't imagine that there would be much cost.
                And, I certainly owe you the favor. It may be
                a couple of weeks because I'm studying for a
                recertification exam for my job. But, I'd be
                glad to do it. Hell, if you can get it to run,
                I'll be asking you for your configuration!

                Regards,

                - Mark

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 21, 2005
                  Mark Henigan schreef:

                  >Hello Kris:
                  >
                  >I can't imagine that there would be much cost.
                  >And, I certainly owe you the favor. It may be
                  >a couple of weeks because I'm studying for a
                  >recertification exam for my job.

                  Good luck!

                  > But, I'd be
                  >glad to do it. Hell, if you can get it to run,
                  >I'll be asking you for your configuration!

                  I'll send you my snailmail address privately.

                  --
                  Groeten uit Gent,

                  Kris