Re: Open Office News?

  • John Burrows
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2004
      >Message: 1 (os2wp digest)
      > Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:31:11 -0000
      > From: "tomleem7659" <tomleem7659@...>
      >Subject: OpenOffice News?
      >
      >Is there any news of the OS/2 port of OpenOffice?
      >(the open source of StarOffice?).
      >
      >TomLeeM
      >
      >http://www.openoffice.org

      Does this answer your question? (see below)
      Sorry, but I just happened to read both Message: 1's in the same session.
      They seemed to fit, despite the time lapse..
      jb
      Message: 1 (staroffice digest)
      Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:56:59 -0800
      From: "Neil Waldhauer" <neil@...>
      Subject: OpenOffice v1.1 Beta 1

      For those that haven't seen this yet, OpenOffice v1.1 Beta 1 is now
      available for OS/2 & eCS from
      http://www.innotek.de/products/openofficeos2/beta/

      From that page:
      A joint effort between Serenity Systems and InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH

      OpenOffice for OS/2 is a port of the well known product to the
      eComStation and OS/2 Warp platforms with special support for InnoTek's
      font engine for OS/2.

      To try out the beta, you have to download and install three products:

      * InnoTek Font Engine for OS/2 Version 2.10 Preview 2
      * InnoTek Runtime for OS/2 Preview 1
      * OpenOffice 1.1 for OS/2 Beta 1

      Please download and install the order given above. Refer to the
      documentation of each component for installation instructions and
      additional information.

      OpenOffice 1.1 for OS/2 Readme.

      For support and more information, please refer to the InnoTek Online
      Support Forums.

      Neil Waldhauer neil@... www.blondeguy.com
      Expert consulting for OS/2 and eComStation

      Never get out on the tail of more than one distribution at once.

    • John Angelico
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2004
        On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:27:15 +0200, John Burrows wrote:

        >>Message: 1 (os2wp digest)
        >> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:31:11 -0000
        >> From: "tomleem7659" <tomleem7659@...>
        >>Subject: OpenOffice News?
        >>
        >>Is there any news of the OS/2 port of OpenOffice?
        >>(the open source of StarOffice?).
        >>
        >>TomLeeM
        >>
        >>http://www.openoffice.org

        This arrived in my OS2 inbox accompanied by a VOICENEWS announcement from
        Innotek, copied below:

        From: wolfi2DESPAM@...

        The Heise Ticker, Germany's leading online IT News Source, had a news
        message about the joint effort of Serenity Systems and Innotek to have
        successfully released an OS/2 beta version of OpenOffice 1.1.
        http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/db-06.01.04-000/

        Wolfi
        ------
        The original Voicenews was a few days ago:

        From: Paul Smedley <paulDESPAM@...>

        For those that haven't seen this yet, OpenOffice v1.1 Beta 1 is now
        available for OS/2 & eCS from
        http://www.innotek.de/products/openofficeos2/beta/

        They represent a fairly big download (80+Mb I think) if you have to collect
        all three components listed on that page.

        Best regards
        John Angelico
        OS/2 SIG
        os2@... or
        talldad@...

        PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
        ... That's one small node for man, and one big network for mankind.