Yahooed

  • driven zen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2001
      Dear eGroups Member,

      The following is copied and pasted from the eGroups home
      page, with a few formatting changes so that it will fit
      on your screen. :-> I hope it is re-assuring to those
      who have been concerned about e-mail access to these
      groups. Please read the last three paragraphs (see the
      ***). You "won't need a Yahoo ID." Please excuse the
      cross-posting of this message.

      > As you may already know, eGroups merged with Yahoo! in
      > August 2000. We're now proud to announce the launch of
      > Yahoo! Groups, a new service from Yahoo! using eGroups
      > technology.
      >
      > What Happened to eGroups?
      > Don't worry, all the features you know and love about
      > eGroups have carried over and we've added some new
      > functionality that we hope you'll enjoy.
      >
      > All eGroups email & web addresses will continue to
      > work.
      > All of your group information & membership has been
      > maintained.
      > We'll soon begin to internationalize Yahoo! Groups.
      > In the interim, you can continue to use the
      > international versions of eGroups.
      <snip>

      > What's new on Yahoo! Groups?
      > Yahoo! Groups has lots of new features and even
      > better customization. You can:
      >
      > Chat with other group members using...Yahoo! Chat
      > Add a splash of color to your group, or a main page
      > photo, all without knowing HTML
      > See when group members are online and communicate
      > with them in real time using Yahoo! Messenger
      > Reach a larger audience - you will have the entire
      > Yahoo! Network at your doorstep
      >
      > And much, much more to come!

      *** The best part -- you don't have to do anything to
      *** convert your group. This has all happened
      *** automatically. All you have to do to access the
      *** wide array of web functionality is link your
      *** current eGroups account with a Yahoo! ID by
      *** clicking on "Link my eGroups account" below.
      ***
      *** And remember, if you would like to continue using
      *** only the email capabilities of the service, you
      *** won't need a Yahoo ID. You will continue to receive
      *** and post mail, just like you always have in the past.

      > On behalf of everyone here at Yahoo! Groups, thanks
      > for being a member of our service.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > The Yahoo! Groups team
    • Sorin Srbu
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2001
        On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 02:09:16 -0800, driven zen wrote:

        >Please read the last three paragraphs (see the
        >***). You "won't need a Yahoo ID." Please excuse the
        >cross-posting of this message.

        I for one don't mind the cross-post. In fact I have a tendency to
        ignore those "official looking" mails. 8-)

        >*** The best part -- you don't have to do anything to
        >*** convert your group. This has all happened
        >*** automatically. All you have to do to access the
        >*** wide array of web functionality is link your
        >*** current eGroups account with a Yahoo! ID by
        >*** clicking on "Link my eGroups account" below.
        >***
        >*** And remember, if you would like to continue using
        >*** only the email capabilities of the service, you
        >*** won't need a Yahoo ID. You will continue to receive
        >*** and post mail, just like you always have in the past.

        Best Wishes,
        Sorin
        http://surf.to/mjukisdata
        Proud member of TEAM OS/2.
        Mountainbiker [Kona Kilauea - Member of Equipe Les Cafards VTT]
        MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+ [Knowledge is power!]
        Please mail me for my public PGP key.

        Randomly inserted tagline follows:
        - Be safe! Use smoke detectors or sleep with a fireman!

        Terminator has been running OS/2 for 1d 05h 17m 47s 601ms w/o rebooting. (en).