Re: [SSOS2] new moderator

  • driven zen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      "J. N. Pfisterer" wrote:

      > On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:07:16 -0500 (EST), Duane A.
      > Chamblee wrote:
      >
      > >On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 12:04:14 -0800 (PST), TC Carr
      > >wrote:
      > >
      > >>What about merging with the OS/2wp group?? Also
      > >>getting a new host - maybe me!
      > >
      > >As little traffic as this group gets, that would
      > >probably be OK.

      I'm a little leary of the loss of a non-SSOS2 venue.
      It's low volume. But that means that I don't have to
      pay close attention to huge numbers of SSOS2 posts just
      to avoid missing the occasional post regarding DeScribe,
      WordPerfect, or some other less used wordprocessor.

      To emphasize the disparity, I keep all posts and have,
      with a longer period of time in the os2wp group:

      newsgroup posts
      SSOS2 3590
      os2wp 1866

      I'd say it actually runs about three to one. An app
      that's only occasionally mentioned on the os2wp list
      would be utterly lost on a merged one.

      > Probably would need a new name to reflect the
      > broadened scope, as the OS2WP group covers non-SS
      > (and occasionally even non-OS/2) text editor and
      > word processing applications.
      >
      > BTW, if it doesn't get merged into SSOS2, I vote for
      > TC Carr for moderator.

      I'll second that.

      BTW, do you remember when it was still
      os2wp-l@...?